Shower/sprinkle/nothing?? Help

Movinmama

I have 3 kiddos!
Reaction score
Hi there!
I have 3 kids ages 8, 6, and 4. I had a shower for my first baby when I lived in MN. I now live in CO and we are expecting twins b/g. I do t have anything because I have all my stuff away. We were done.. Then oops! I feel weird about even having a sprinkle. I felt weird about having a shower when my first was due. I don't like making people feel obligated to do things for me or give things to me. But we will need plenty of diapers and maybe some meal gift cards would be nice.. Tell me what to do!! My mom is finally living close and has offered to throw something for me..
Thanks guys

I'm not American so I might be way off on etiquette, but I would have thought that as long as you're not throwing it yourself (which you're not) it's OK t have a shower, especially as you're having twins- they're a whole different ball game to singletons (in regards to needing more, plus a lot of people are super interested in twins may as well make the most of it, as pay off for all the annoying twin related comments I'm sure you get!) and most people recognise that. if people don't like it they don't have to attend!

Yep, I'd let her, just be gracious and accept the love!

Let her. If you are uncomfortable with expecting people to buy you stuff. You can do a sprinkle.

I am having just a sprinkle, because I am having another girl, and I have plenty of stuff left from my DD. Also, What I do need is expensive and I don't feel comfortable asking for those.

But apparently there is also something called a diaper party? I am guessing that is like a sprinkle or shower but you are only asking for diapers? I am unsure about that.

Congrats on your twins! What a surprise! I say go with it, celebrate those 2 little surprise bundles 💖💙

I agree that you can feel completely okay about having a shower, especially with twins and your kids being older. My son is 4 and we're having a shower thrown for us...it's our first baby together and I got rid of all of my baby stuff just before we met because I was a single mom and there was no other possible baby in sight : )

I felt with my second that letting someone throw me a shower was a breach of etiquette.... And now on my own surprise baby haha and have give. All of our stuff away, am CROSSING FINGERS someone will throw me one lol!

If someone wants to throw you a shower, then let them. It's not you asking; it's them offering. And, if people want to come they will and there's no sense of obligation. I mean, I've never been invited to a baby shower that I felt obligated to go to and buy something. If it's someone I love, or even a friend I like a lot, I am happy to go and buy something for the baby. I love showers. Go for it! And congratulations on the babies :)

If they want to do it, go for it!! Extras never hurt=)

I say either a shower or sprinkle are completely acceptable. Honestly, people always love celebrating a baby! And you're not forcing anyone to give you gifts at all. What I want to do with my second is to keep the guest list smaller than I did the first time around, just for people I'm closer with. Of course, I'm still in my first trimester, so haven't found out gender. If it's another boy, I will just want to do something to celebrate the baby and keep it really small discouraging gifts, probably. But if I didn't have anything bc it was a surprise, that's a bit different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->