showing bump

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by liola, Nov 14, 2011.

1. liola

liola Trying for our first

hello everyone, if you don’t mind me asking a question but please don’t get offended it's not my intention.

I would like to know who would show faster, a person with a higher body mass, average or lower body mass. And in what week is the average week to start showing. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

2. Siuan

Siuan Well-Known Member

I don't think it follows any particular rules as in a smaller framed woman will show sooner etc.. but, from my experience (first pregnancy)

I am overweight. Before falling pg, I was 14st 4lbs, at 5'8" tall. That's a UK size 16 (bordering 18 on the bottom) and a BMI of I think 29.

I started showing with a proper bump rather than just bloat at 17 weeks.

Don't forget of course that if it's your 2nd or subsequent pregnancy, it is likely you'll start to show sooner too.

3. I have no idea about bmi or anything and I think it's different for every woman and every pregnancy regardless of pre pregnancy size and weight.

But I do know that with my daughter I weighed 7 stone pre pregnancy and had a clear baby bump from about 12 weeks, by 10 weeks you could see it but could pass it off as bloating.

With this pregnancy I was just under 8 stone before I fell pregnant and iras visibly showing from 8 weeks! By 12 weeks my bump was as big as it was at 19 weeks with my daughter. Now at 26 weeks my bump is pretty much as big as I was at 9 months pregnant!

X

4. pooch

pooch Well-Known Member

it seems that from the pictures people are posting there is no standard. you would think that a skinny gal would show quicker but that doesn't seem to always be the case. my LO is still really low and i'm just getting a real bump now at 23 weeks (i had a bit of chubb before and bloating).

5. liola

liola Trying for our first

Thank you for that, i guess i'm going to just have to wait a see. I'm feeling and looking like the fat stage and i just want it to go away so i can show off my bump.

6. 1liz9

1liz9 Well-Known Member

My BMI prepregnancy was 19. I just started having a bump and not just fat. It's still very, very small and I can still suck most of it in (not that I'm trying)! Can't wait to have a bigger one :)