showing bump

liola

Trying for our first
Reaction score
hello everyone, if you don’t mind me asking a question but please don’t get offended it's not my intention.

I would like to know who would show faster, a person with a higher body mass, average or lower body mass. And in what week is the average week to start showing. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

I don't think it follows any particular rules as in a smaller framed woman will show sooner etc.. but, from my experience (first pregnancy)

I am overweight. Before falling pg, I was 14st 4lbs, at 5'8" tall. That's a UK size 16 (bordering 18 on the bottom) and a BMI of I think 29.

I started showing with a proper bump rather than just bloat at 17 weeks.

Don't forget of course that if it's your 2nd or subsequent pregnancy, it is likely you'll start to show sooner too.

I have no idea about bmi or anything and I think it's different for every woman and every pregnancy regardless of pre pregnancy size and weight.

But I do know that with my daughter I weighed 7 stone pre pregnancy and had a clear baby bump from about 12 weeks, by 10 weeks you could see it but could pass it off as bloating.

With this pregnancy I was just under 8 stone before I fell pregnant and iras visibly showing from 8 weeks! By 12 weeks my bump was as big as it was at 19 weeks with my daughter. Now at 26 weeks my bump is pretty much as big as I was at 9 months pregnant!

X

it seems that from the pictures people are posting there is no standard. you would think that a skinny gal would show quicker but that doesn't seem to always be the case. my LO is still really low and i'm just getting a real bump now at 23 weeks (i had a bit of chubb before and bloating).

Thank you for that, i guess i'm going to just have to wait a see. I'm feeling and looking like the fat stage and i just want it to go away so i can show off my bump.

My BMI prepregnancy was 19. I just started having a bump and not just fat. It's still very, very small and I can still suck most of it in (not that I'm trying)! Can't wait to have a bigger one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->