showing off my sewing 'skills'

chichestermum

mummy of 2 :)
Reaction score
I got to work last night on a blankie similar to the taglet 1s and i thought id share it with you, now i know its nothing like the 1s you can buy, but mine was made with love and bits were made by both me and OH and even DD chose were to put the bow :) so here it is, along with a pic of a proper 1 for comparison haha! xx

Attachments

• 31MzdHAQBaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31MzdHAQBaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0629.jpg
    IMAG0629.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0628.jpg
    IMAG0628.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 27
aww it's gorgeous :)

Looks like you did a great job. and anything made out of love is better than anything can get at the store.

Nice work! I wish I were so talented.

Im sewing and knitting too, i love it. Making blankets, laundry bag & nursery storage tidy x

Only problem now is that DD thinks its for her :dohh:

If you have the time, energy, and materials, maybe you could make one for her as well? Then maybe she can gift the "extra" one to the new baby when it gets here?

I haven't even started thinking about what to get for my will be 3 year old from the new one. Should put that on the list of things to talk to OH about.

I think it's better than the store one! I love patchwork anything and i think it's amazing! well done you!

i wouldnt say you need talent to make it, just a bit of time and a sewing machine, all you would need to do is sew 2 bits of material together with ribbons attatched, mine took a while because i put rustly fabric inside some of the tabs so they make nice noise :) give it a go, bet you will love it! especially the sense of acheivement at the end :) xx

Im sewing and knitting too, i love it. Making blankets, laundry bag & nursery storage tidy x

wow now that is skill, i wouldnt know were to begin making a storage tidy!! or even laundry bag! haha! i can make basic things and im ok at following patterns for DD dresses when i stick my mind to it and cast my brain back to high school to remember how to do it all lol!

Please share your makes too!! id love to see how cute they turn out! obviously only if you dont mind showing off a bit! xx

Only problem now is that DD thinks its for her :dohh:

If you have the time, energy, and materials, maybe you could make one for her as well? Then maybe she can gift the "extra" one to the new baby when it gets here?

I haven't even started thinking about what to get for my will be 3 year old from the new one. Should put that on the list of things to talk to OH about.

Thats a fantastic idea! i didnt even think to make her another 1!

She has her own lil hamper of gifts to give to baby, its so sweet, she chooses babygrows and vests, socks, teddies, toys etc (pink stuff and blue stuff and we dont even know what were having!!) when were out and once we get home rushes them straight upstairs into the nursery and into her box, its so sweet! i think she has chosen more stuff for baby than we have! she even chose the moses basket lol!

we havnt even thought of the gift baby will give DD!! thankyou!! i wouldnt of thought of that! i best get a 2nd hamper set up lol! tho my DD is easily pleased and a dress up outfit, box of felts and pad of paper would be the perfect present! lol! maybe a lil pack of sweets in there to send her crazy with happiness lol!

o wow you have a list of things to talk about, i love lists and i havnt got 1 of them lists! i should make 1, so many things pop into my head during a day and go by the time he gets home! xx

I think it's better than the store one! I love patchwork anything and i think it's amazing! well done you!

patchwork is my thing too :D love it! and its super cheap to buy off cuts of material to make things with, DD bedroom is full of patchwork, floor cushions, curtain tie backs, curtains under her bed for her hidey area, bunting along the window, just loads! and it all goes because its all patchwork lol! we attempted to make patchwork clothes for her dollies but it was far too fidldy!! lol!

Has anybody else had a creative bug and made anything? please share if you have, id love to peek! xxx

i wouldnt say you need talent to make it, just a bit of time and a sewing machine, all you would need to do is sew 2 bits of material together with ribbons attatched, mine took a while because i put rustly fabric inside some of the tabs so they make nice noise :) give it a go, bet you will love it! especially the sense of acheivement at the end :) xx

Did you use a pattern at all? Yours looks so cute!

Did you use a pattern at all? Yours looks so cute!

no pattern, i just sewed together bits of material to make 2 squares, cut them to equal sizes, pinned them together with the bit that will be the outside on the inside, then took pins out at intervals to put the tabs in, so again bit that will be on the outside on the inside and at the length you want it (i had ribbon tabs, pattern dress edging tabs, a rope tab to chew, and a few bits of material sewn around the edges inside out to make them smooth edged when they were turned right way around) pin the tabs in place then sew basically all around it leaving enough space to turn it inside out so its the right way, then hand stitched the last lil bit closed, it was actually relatively easy, i also stufffed mine with a few layers of noisy material used for fancy dress and sewed it in place in the middle and hid the string with the bow.

it sounds harder than it is i think lol, its prob just my way of explaining tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->