Shut up!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Orange lady, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Orange lady

Orange lady Well-Known Member

If one more person tells me I have to "forget about it" and carry on as normal and it "will happen" I'm going to go mad. Don't they think we try and do that?
    :hissy:

2. clarkie_TTC

clarkie_TTC expecting our 1st!!!!

know how you feel!!! hope it happens real soon for us

3. armywifettc

armywifettc Army Wife w/ 3 DD

i know the feeling hun. I have heard it more than enough too.

4. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

The people that say it have no idea - its maddening at times!

5. sazza

sazza Well-Known Member

Agreed!

6. Orange lady

Orange lady Well-Known Member

They're idiots! First time we were TTC I was chilled out as had no expectations but w had a MMC. Now I am soo ready. My sister in law said to me at the weekend "there;s no hurry". No hurry. I'd have been 6 months by now!

7. MrsR32

MrsR32 Mum to twin boys

That drives me mad too - I've cut and pasted an extract from another website which gave me comfort on this subject:

Don't worry about stress! Regular old worries about getting pregnant, and if you will ever have children, are perfectly normal and do NOT affect your fertility. Ignore those people who tell you just to relax and stop thinking about it. This is not their problem! The only thing that could actually affect you is serious stress, like moving to a new house, losing your job, family deaths, and other things that make you physically ill or depressed. This can delay your ovulation, or make you not ovulate in a cycle, since you will produce an excess amount of the stress byproduct called prolactin. It will not affect you for long, and the next month you should come back and be normal again.

... Mind you, I'm clearly not taking that advice as we're just about to move house!

Baby dust to everyone xx

8. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

i freakin' HATE THAT! I'm like, SHUT YOUR FACE!!!!!!! They don't know!!! I don't ovulate regularly, so if I didn't take the meds and try my darndest to time it just right, it'd NEVER happen! Freaking stupid a holes.

9. Mitsuko

Mitsuko Are we there yet?

It's just the kind of stupid things people say. I hate it! It's similar to when you break up with someone and people tell you: "'there are plenty more fish in the sea' "... You just want to spork your eyes out and shout: "YOU ARE NOT HELPING!"

10. FBbaby

FBbaby ttc our Little Prince

It doesn't stop there either...One my son had severe colic and cried without any interruption, I stopped counting the time I was told that he was crying because he reacted to my feelings of anxiety...NOOOOO, I was anxious because I couldn't comfort him....

People do mean well and yes, when you get over whichever episode of your life makes you stressed, you do realise that you were not your 'normal self', but in the end, you are only reacting to frustrating and uncontrollable events, and that is totally NORMAL...