Sibling age difference ? I didn't know I was preg!

skypink.mommy

Reaction score
Hey everyone !!! First of I wanna share a little background on my story . We were ttc earlier this year without success and we decided to just give up on it . Went on with our lives , I started to feel really ill come late August early September , I had horrible horrible nAusea ( still do )my stomach felt sick like I had a bug , I had fever , chills , and constipation what ?? I thought I was very illl , tried to take care of my self have pepto pain meds and move on , I have a school grade student and couldn't afford to be a sick mommy , so I pulled through everyday , I have bad acid reflux and suddenly it worsened I still had no idea what was going on but decided it was time to go to the doctor so I planned on an appointment at the end of the week. Also I realized I was 2 months late on my menses yes 2!! I had been late one month before cause I have irregular periods but two seemed excessive . So I went on to buy tests cause even though I had like literally no chances of being preg (even my husband thought I was silly he was like you don't need tests we weren't trying !) but I was like I have to !
Waited for morning urine and as soon as it hit That stick it was :bfp: I freaked out ! I cried , I was terrified , I have a history of miscarriages and even tubular pregnancies so I became worried made an appointment for the weekend with an obgyn instead ! To my pleasant surprise baby was fine !! Strong heart beat and moving her little arms !! At 9 weeks she was perfectly safe my rainbow finally came (Yes I say her cause I suspect it's a girl ) and here I am now at almost 12 weeks. Still shocked But thankful preparaing for our announcements !

Now my question . If you don't wanna read my story skip to this bit.
Anyway I have a kindergartener age 5 and I am now wondering if the baby and my child would get along ? I want them to have a relationship , im worried that the age difference will be too much ? Any mommas here with similar age gaps ? My child was soooo happy to know I'm pregnant , they'd been praying for a sibling and the wish was granted !

I think there are pros and cons to all age gaps and plenty of sweet moments with all of them. Congrats!

Between my oldest and my (current) youngest there is 6 years. They get along great!! And between my oldest and middle, there is 4 years and they do everything together!!

Congratulations!!!!

My ds was 9 when dd was born. He wanted to hold her all of the time and then as she grew he plays with her. He takes her outside to play in the backyard, they sit and watch movies together and he gets down and plays on the floor with her. You would never know there is 9 yrs between them...they even argue and fight like they are a year apart. I think it depends on the kids and what you encourage as a parent.
My sis and I are 5 yrs apart. When we were little we played together, as teenagers we did our own thing but when I reached 18 we became best of friends and have continued since. I wouldn't worry too much!

My son will be 5 in Jan and I am due end of June/July. It's a big gap but it took just over 2 years to conceive. It took 3 1/2 to conceive with my first.

My brother was 6 years older than me and my sister was 8 years younger. We all had good relationships with each other. I am still very close to my sister. Now that we are older we dont really notice the age gap. I am on good terms with my brother too but we live in another country to him so dont see each other often.

My brother is 7 years older than me and my sister is 7 years younger. We all got along well growing up due to that age gap. My sister is almost 18 and she's honestly my best friend. The only down side really is i didn't normally have someone to play with when I was young. My brother was old enough that he didn't want to play with me when and my sister was still a baby and couldn't play lol I don't think your age difference will be a problem at all

My sister and are 5 years apart and I think it's a great age gap.

We always got along because there as nothing that we could really argue about (not interested in same toys or friends of clothes at the same time). So we were always really close and still are now (25 and 20).

My brothers are 6 and 9 years younger, we always had a good time growing up!

My ds was 9 when dd was born. He wanted to hold her all of the time and then as she grew he plays with her. He takes her outside to play in the backyard, they sit and watch movies together and he gets down and plays on the floor with her. You would never know there is 9 yrs between them...they even argue and fight like they are a year apart. I think it depends on the kids and what you encourage as a parent.
My sis and I are 5 yrs apart. When we were little we played together, as teenagers we did our own thing but when I reached 18 we became best of friends and have continued since. I wouldn't worry too much!

This is reassuring to read :flower:

There will be 10 years between DS and DD give or take a few days no experience yet but other people have told me it will be fine :flower:

There's 10 years difference between me and my older brother. We don't have a great relationship but that's more because he lived with his dad in a different city than because of age difference. Plus I was older when I met him because my mom lost track of them after the divorce.

William was 5 when Andrew was born, they get on like a house on fire, best pals, saying that Alexander who was 9 when the baby came along adores him too, thinks he is the bee's knees, not sure how Andrew will take to his sister Isobel who will be here in 17 days... we will see xxx

Congratulations! My children are about 5 years apart - I wanted an earlier gap, but it didn't happen. Anyway, I think the gap is great! My daughter was 4 when I was pregnant but she was able to share in the pregnancy (feeling my belly etc), which was exciting. She's now almost 7 and my son just made 2. They get along so well! They're always playing and roughhousing, watching cartoons, laughing with each other etc. My daughter thinks he's the cutest thing and is excited by every funny thing he does. She does taken on the 'little momma' role sometimes too - reading to him, helping him put on his shoes etc. I like that she's older and more independent, because she's able to help with him, and she can also take care of herself (e.g dress herself) in those times when I need to focus more on him. I think it would've been a lot more frazzling if they had been closer in age. All, in all, I love the gap.

I think it's one of those things. You could have siblings close in age who don't get along or you could have several years between and they get along like a house on fire.

Me personally I am one of 5. I am close with all of them. There is 13yrs between me and my brother and we are really close. Then 11yrs with my sister, 4yrs with another sister, and another sister 2yrs younger and I get along with all of them the same. It comes down to the individuals more so than the age gap :)

Congratulations!

My 2 oldest are just under 2 years apart. They fight like cat and dog. I don't think it's the age gap though I think it is just them. My youngest is 9 years younger than the middle child and 11 younger than the oldest and both older girls get on very well with their little sister. Both older girls are excited for a new baby too even though the oldest is 15. I don't think there is any ideal age gap really, it depends on the individuals. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

My daughter turned 12 3 days after her first siblings (twins) were born via ivf. Now like you I have a total unexpected pregnancy so my twins and this baby will only be 2 years apart. There are pros and cons to both age differences. I think 5 years isn't that big a difference and i think they will be close!

My youngest is almost 5 years younger than the rest of my kids. He gets along great with all of them and especially the one who is five years apart from him.

There are 5 years between me and my brother and we have good relationship. He and our younger berother (6 yeara younger than him and 11 years younger than me) have a realy good relatuonship. He used to sneak up in bed with the older one from about 3 untill.. I dont know.. 9 or something (well by that time my muþ had put a matress on the floor.
So dont worry about the agegap

There is about 4.5 years between my two and they're typical siblings. They're either best friends or fighting. They get on so well most of the time x

In my experience, my son doesn't like the baby or have any interest in her at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->