Sick toddler - holiday ?

L

Laura--x

Maisie caught a bug on tuesday night and was sick 4 times, then sick again wednesday morning, hasn't been sick since then but was off her food weds,thurs,fri. Shes seemed fine today, and went to her dads this afternoon to stay overnight and hes just text me and told me shes been sick again.

We're due to go away on monday ( down to great yarmouth ) for 7 days. Obviously im going to see how she is tomorrow, and if shes still the same get her in the doctors monday morning.

Would you still go away?? Its going to be a shame for her if shes still ill and shes got to sit through a nearly 4 hour car journey :(

To be honest if it was nothing serious I would probably go, yeah. Chances are she'll be better once you've been there a couple of days

WSS ^^

Obviously if she's still throwing up then a long car journey may not be such a good idea (or pleasant for any of you!) so it might be worth putting it off a day or two if you can, but if she hasnt been sick for a couple of days then definately still go :thumbup:

Perhaps it was just a blip at fob house? A silly treat that was too rich for her after a bug filled week. By rights it should be out of her system by now. See how she is when she comes home. Chances are she'll be ok for the journey.

If not, maybe a 24 hr delay? Like someone said, it would be a miserable journey for you all if she was still sicky.

Hope she's feeling better xxx

I'd go too. Kids this young get over bugs SO quickly, and they usually don't last much longer than 3 or 4 days in healthy children so I agree with freya, i think it was a blip at fob. hope so asnyway!

I hope so too ! He did tell me she had eaten jam on toast, chrisps and burger and chips at his house lol, and that was all after 4.30pm as he didnt pick her up till then! So with having breakfst and lunch with me she probably ate a bit too much or somethin !

Yeah i think i she still is being sick ill just put it off for a day or 2 and go a bit later, although hes just text and said she hasnt been sick since and she seems fine so fingers crossed ! thanks girls x

It does sound like she ate too much lol! That's alot for a toddler to eat at the best of times (especially after 4.30pm!!) let alone when she's had a poorly tummy! Her tummy would probably have still been a little sensitive and it was obviously too much for her! Bless her :)

Sounds like she's over the worst of it tho and it looks like your holiday can begin on Monday as planned :thumbup:

Glad she's feeling better hun, and have a great time! x

I know ! She eats so much when shes down there ( mostly junk food aswell ) well from what i can guess bceause when i was still with her dad the kids down there used to help themselves to junk all day long !!

He said shes been fine all day ( told him not to give her anything junk/greasy ect and just stick to plain food and see how she gets on ! ) so looks like the holiday is still on woohoo :)

thanks girls xxx

Yay :happydance:

Hope you have fun sweetie! xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back