sick!

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hey hey, im not preg, im not even TTC but I was wondering, I hate being sick... I hate feeling sick etc... but I fear I will get sick so bad when I am preg...anyway, my question is, in my job (shopwork) how do I make sure I dont throw up on customers haha!
I cant keep leaving the shopfloor, is there no miracle cure for sickness?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It usually varies person to person, but popular remidies are things like ginger biscuits, eating regular and often, making sure you eat something in the morning.

You just learn to run fast to the nearest toilet !!! lol

Theres no miracle cure but things that AG has mentioned can help some people!

in my work(tesco) teh smell of the bakery cooking made me ill!!! so for that 2 hours id be up and down the stairs being sick! four flights may i add!!!(blood lift was broke whole of my pregnancies!!!!!)

This will be my prob i bet .. lol.

And DH doesnt want anyone to know til im 12 weeks so worried about being able to keep it a secret!!

trinity tht was my plan, however i had to tell everyone so they cud serve for me while i was spewing in a bucket thro the back(this is wot i resorted to, saved teh stair climbing) :blush:

Awww .. well he has said that he doesnt want ANYONE to know. He doesnt even want me to mention it on here !!!!!

So might see me pop up in first tri one day out of nowhere .. lol

I can see this prob happening with me. I work with cooked chickens and raw fish! (not at teh same time lol)

OOhh nice AG .. lol.

I can imagine that would be a bit of a nightmare .. not the nicest smells around!!

its really bad for me. i'm a chef in new york, and i work with all kinds of food. (all of which make me feel equally as sick!!) its awful!!!

I think that this will be me too... ;) I get sick just from my period. Not fun. I worked with a girl who had morning sicknes so bad. She would ware motion sickness bracelets.

Trinity, you make sure you tell us when you get preg hun. If you dont want him to know you can just post that top secret info in the girlies room.:hugs:

nice to know its not just me! thanks ladies its helpful. I will keep a bucket handy when I get my BFP!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone has their remedies but I find that your sense of smell is so heightened when your pregnant that many "normal" everyday smells will send you running for the bathroom. So far for me, very very cold drinks with crushed ice..and dry toast seem to do the job...for now...it it doesn't keep changing argh!

well i would rather be sick than feel it the other day went uci and as the film was halfway throught i felt ill next mintute my head was down the loo lovely

You wanna talk about being sick and having a fear of it?, not to mention worrying about what will happen when you get pregnant?... well, I will tell you. Vomit is my biggest phobia- theres nothing else on this earth that can scare me like being sick can!
Like you, I was worried about throwing up once I became pregnant, and whenever I felt like I was going to be sick I would cry hysterically because it really does terrify me that much!
Since being pregnant, I have not vomitted once, not even a bit. Sure, Ive retched a few times and come very close to being sick, but I didnt do it, I refused point blank to allow myself to vomit.
If you're as bad as me (though I dont suspect you will be), you can prevent yourself from throwing up by standing near an open window and getting fresh air, that, or keeping some dry biscuits by your side.. oh, and if you happen to get that horrible watery feeling at the back of your throat right before you're about to puke, DONT spit it out because in my opinion that just encourages it lol.
Wow, I sound mad dont I? But honestly, NOTHING terrifies me more... OH and just the other day whilst I was laying on the sofa in hysterics because I felt sick, I got a wet towel, filled it partly with ice and spent 10 minutes with it over my face until I felt freezing... lol, that helped too, though I think you'd look a little daft stood at work with a towel over your face!
Im sure theres a name for people who have a severe fear of vomit.

[SIZE=-1]Emetophobia - fear of vomit
[/SIZE]

Cheers Terrie. Im going to have a read into that now. x

why?? lol
Because I wanna know if Im the only nut out there who has it lol (tho I know I aint)- I just joined a forum for people like me, so thanks for telling me what the phobia was called.....:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->