• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sickness and time off work!!!

RachelAnn

Reaction score
Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant with really an i mean really bad sickness, I called in sick last sunday night, and i am due to see M/W today, does anyone know if she will sign me off?? Also, I have a bit of time off over the last year due to personal issues (bout 12 weeks), an i am worried with me taking more time of with sickness, can work dismiss me, anyone have any info on that score?????

I'm not sure where you are from or what kind of job you do, but maybe your work has something about pregnancy issues in the employee handbook or if you work for a union in the union contract?? This should be something taken up with your HR dept asap

If your in the UK i dont think employers can take pregnancy related stuff and mark it against your sickness record. I think lol :)

Try not to worry to much xx

you definately cannot be sacked/made redundant when youre pregnant.. you will have too good of a case for unfair dismissal hun.

i went to see our occupational health nurse on monday because my sickness was really really bad in work and she told me to just go home. she also said its quite normal for women to have time off work in the first 12 weeks just to take it easy and avoid any unnecessary strain. x

any pregnancy related sickness will be recorded but will not count as a sickness on your record

just tell them you are pregnant and unable work due to sickness x

Hey hun, they can not class pregnancy releted illness as your normal sickness time off if that makes sence? It cant go against you and if you feel they are being funny get your midwife or Doctor to write to them. My Midwife offered to write to my emplyer if they had a problem with my appointments.

Not sure if the MW will sign you off but your Dr certainly will probably for 2 weeks and he will pescribe you some tablets to ease the sickness.
xx

hey i was in a very similar situation to you and i don't know if the mw an give you a sick note as i saw the drs and they were more then happy to give me sick note i think i had 3 or 4 note at the begining and i have been off without notes aswell and they do the usual sickness procedure but you are untouchable as it is mitigating circumstances, if you need time off you need it and go for it, im still having odd days off depending on what kind of day i'm having

Thanks guys :) feel a bit better reading this, i only work 2 nights and asda putting out delivery but they are twilights and have 2 other children aswell to look after while O/H at work, although one is 10 still can be a as bad as my 5 yr old lol. off to midwife now, wish me luck :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"