• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sickness bang on 6 weeks... it all starts here!

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi everyone :hugs:

In my previous 2 pregnancies (angel babies) I never had any sickness. I hear that sickness is a good sign (but not a bad sign without it!) but I have actually wanted it.. (I must be mad!)

I have had a watery mouth since before my BFP, that slight queasy feeling. Today, bang on week 6, I walked past the raw meat aisle in Lidl. Bad bad idea. I was heaving in the middle of the supermarket and had to breathe through it to stop me throwing up all over the veggies.

It left me feeling crappy all day. Had an afternoon nap (which I have never done in my life ONLY since getting pregnant!). Got ready to go out, but couldn't and threw up.

I haven't been able to eat since and thought that throwing up would make me feel better (as it used it after a Saturday night!) but it didn't.. but I would rather feel sick and be sick and be fine than this lingering sickness all day which isn't relieved by throwing up either!

Any light foods that you have been able to stomach which brought your appetite back?

Mine started 6 weeks on the dot as well!! So sorry you aren't in the lucky few that feel great during the first tri (like my mom and my sister did with all their pregnancies... they can't commiserate at all with how I'm feeling now which kind of sucks!) My last four weeks have been like a hangover from hades that just won't go away. I've had to leave the grocery several times because I was going to be sick, so now I just send DH or have my mom go stock up for us.

I've found that eating a little bit throughout the day helps, starting as soon as you wake up and then eating a light snack before bed. I stick with pretty bland things- bagels, rice, APPLES (can't get enough!), oranges, yogurt, granola bars, crackers, carrots and hummus, the occasional chicken sandwich for some protein (though that is always a struggle but manageable). Peppermint and lemon candies also help for when you have that yucky taste or too much saliva in your mouth. I haven't been able to eat anything heavy or too greasy, or anything with veggies--the sight and smell has me gagging.

My problem is also that my appetite never goes away, so even though I am super nauseous, I am also STARVING. Today has been especially bad. My stomach is like a black hole that can't get filled.

I hope you start to feel better! :hugs:

Hi hun,
Mine has started too and the tiredness has hit me like a train! Every tasks take such effort!
Even though my appetite is low, I do feel worse when I have an empty stomach so try to eat little and often. Eat whatever you can stomach. A bagel with lashings of marmite works for me! Also salt and vinegar crisps.
I don't fancy anything half healthy :dohh:
Xxx

I'm the same 6 weeks 4 days im actually sat on toilet now scared to move coz I know if I stand up im gonna be sick ! I have also prayed for this lol as my last pregnancy was a mmc and no sickness with that one either :) xxx

My nausea started at 6 weeks too. It was only mild to start with but yesterday in the supermarket it was really bad and I couldn't wait to leave and get home.

I've not been sick yet thankfully.

I find the nausea comes in waves at various times of the day but it's worse when I'm hungry or my stomach is empty so I try to make sure I don't let that happen so eat a cereal bar or ginger biscuits inbetween meals.

I also can't stomach anything healthy at the moment and just want carbs with every meal so I'm eating lots of rice, potatoes, bread etc at the moment. I feel like I'm going to put on so much weight! :haha:

Xx

It's interesting about the not wanting anything healthy, I am the opposite! I just want fruit and crunchy lettuce, with some chilli on it though for flavour... ha!

I agree with the black hole type feeling!! I feel SO hungry and weak but I have zero appetite and feels like I am eating for the sake of it.

Today I have some cramping and just on edge today so I am welcoming and illness today to make me feel more at ease.

Anyone else get period type cramping too?

It's interesting about the not wanting anything healthy, I am the opposite! I just want fruit and crunchy lettuce, with some chilli on it though for flavour ��

Today I have some cramping and just on edge today so I am welcoming and illness today to make me feel more at ease.

Me hun I just put a post on earlier but mines a burny type cramp in my pelvic region really uncomfortable

It's interesting about the not wanting anything healthy, I am the opposite! I just want fruit and crunchy lettuce, with some chilli on it though for flavour ��

Me hun I just put a post on earlier but mines a burny type cramp in my pelvic region really uncomfortable

I know pains are all normal but they aren't half worrying! Mine ate exactly like AF cramps in my pubic area down my legs and in my bits... I also have wind pains so those mixed in can make it seem worse. Oh the joys :haha:

I never got nausea/sickness with my boys... But when i was bang on 6 weeks with my daughter i had nausea 24/7 for a whole 6 weeks!!! it was awful, but i was soo happy i had it due to previous MC's... I found sucking on ice worked a treat x

Mine started exactly at six weeks as well. With my first I ended up going on zofran which I might do again. My tips are: sip water all day, dehydration makes everything worse. Crackers, granny smith apples (w nut butter), yogurt, eggs. Try to get some protein because that is also supposed to help.

That's interesting.. maybe we are all having girls then... ha :D

Thank you for the advice ladies. I definitely agree with the empty stomach and lack of water, that does make me feel 10 x worse! In the mornings soon as my eyes open I am so hungry that I need to eat in the next 10 seconds else I'll heave. So I have a orange next to me today ready for breakfast in bed... ha! :)

Mine is more of a lingering queasy watery mouth feeling than actually being sick. Kinda feels like being sick would relieve it but it doesn't... the joys!

That's interesting.. maybe we are all having girls then... ha :D

Thank you for the advice ladies. I definitely agree with the empty stomach and lack of water, that does make me feel 10 x worse! In the mornings soon as my eyes open I am so hungry that I need to eat in the next 10 seconds else I'll heave. So I have a orange next to me today ready for breakfast in bed... ha! :)

Mine is more of a lingering queasy watery mouth feeling than actually being sick. Kinda feels like being sick would relieve it but it doesn't... the joys!

thats exactly what i felt like with my daughter... it was just constant nausea all day and night for 6 solid weeks! sometimes i just felt that if i was actually just sick, then it might just take it away, but i never was physically sick, it was just a queasy mouth watering tummy turning :sick: lol... oh the joys hehe

I had MS and I had a boy first. We'll see if this one is any different and what the sex ends up being..

I'm 8 weeks and my MS hit just a few days ago. I feel horrific. Don't know why it's called MS cos it's lasting all bloody day. I'm so weak but the thought of eating makes me wanna be sick. All I do want to eat is fruit. I'm a waitress too so imagine how fun my job is at the moment..

I'm 8 weeks and my MS hit just a few days ago. I feel horrific. Don't know why it's called MS cos it's lasting all bloody day. I'm so weak but the thought of eating makes me wanna be sick. All I do want to eat is fruit. I'm a waitress too so imagine how fun my job is at the moment..

Oh hunni bless you! Mine isn't too bad at the moment. I'm kinds backwards because mine isn't in the morning (unless I have an empty stomach) mine starts in the evening. My boobs hurt more in the evening too. Weird! Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"