Sickness bug spreading at sons nursery, so I keep him off?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Obviously I’m worried about catching a bug, as it can be dangerous for pregnant women. My sons 3, and I can’t stop him from potentially catching it while he’s there. Fingers go in mouths, wipe their face etc can’t be helped.

Dropped him off this morning n it was obvious a little girl had had a bad stomach. It stunk and I was already trying not to be sick because of morning sickness.

Do I keep him off the rest of the week? (He breaks up Thursday)
Both me n my partner are self employed so we really can’t afford days off anyway, but me being pregnant is even more of a worry!

Knowing my luck he’ll have caught it today though...

I'm so paranoid about sickness bugs i would probably keep him off. Especially as its only nursery and nearing the end of term. Obviously though because he has already been in the environment it's possible for him to come down with it at some point over the next few days.

I’ve had norovrus during this pregnancy and lasted 24 hours then was fine again. It’s up to you but I probably wouldn’t keep them off.

Wish I'd have dragged him straight back out now :(
Definitely gonna keep him off now, just gonna say he has an ear infection the rest of the week. Even if he wants to go nursery a lot.
Fingers crossed they've encouraged A LOT of handwashing today.. or even better, took them to play outside instead, because it was a bit hot and stuffy in there this morning..

Hope he will be alright and doesn't catch it! Sickness bugs are the WORST! We had one last October and it spread around the four of us twice :dohh: awful!!

As I said, it IS just nursery.. technically they don't even have to be there (at least that is how it is here) so I wouldn't worry too much. :)

I took the anti bacterial gel to go pick him up so I could do his hands and showered him when he got home because I’m over the top haha

Thing is.. the teachers didn’t say anything to the parents.. I only knew because I smelt it (my sense of smell is quite strong obviously been pregnant), and saw the commotion of cleaning up in the toilets (they leave the door open). But even a friend who dropped her son after me didn’t notice it, and the teachers didn’t warn us?

You’d think they would considering they’ve had a bad tummy upset at school?

The amount of times my sons left with sticky hands I don’t trust them to encourage hand washing constantly..

I’d be there with anti bacterial doing all their hands every ten minutes haha

I'd be the same :haha:

Our school NEVER informs us of anything! It's really bad. My daughter had chicken pox in nursery and obviously I kept her off as soon as we knew she was ill, but they never informed the other parents. I later found out that another child had already had them in her class and she'd probably caught it from them, which the teachers also failed to mention.

Iv seen parents take there children in who have been of the day before with a bug or sent home and then try to bring them in the following day which my sons school turns them away and tells parents they should be of for 48 hours with a bug.i feel its unfair to send ur child into school knowing they are unwell as they are putting the other children knowingly at risk

If they had to make every parent aware every time another child have a sickness bug they'd be giving out letters weekly. I wouldnt keep mines off, it's personal preference but you can catch these things everywhere and anywhere

Iduno though we’re all in line and pick them up at 11.30 so they can easily say just so you know, there’s a sickness bug going round. Like coughs and colds then whatever but bugs and chicken pox then tell us,

My mom has to take drugs that strips her immune system away, so she’s prone to becoming really ill off bugs like that. Not only that but her immune system was already lowered years before this when catching chicken pox off us as kids developed into pneumonia, nearly died from it. So as soon as he started nursery I said please inform me if there’s chicken pox going around. They said ‘actually one boys just been off with it’ so I made sure to check every day for the next few weeks and sure enough, my son got it so we had to stay clear of my moms for a couple of weeks.

There are also a lot of premature babies who cannot be around bugs early on and how about if a family member had a premie? I just think when it comes to stomach bugs we really need to be informed.

OMG Marie I know! It’s really bad! I wouldn’t dare risk it. I’d hate to send my kid back so soon even if they appeared fine! They still might be feeling pretty run down n it may not be obvious. You need to rest up and replenish any fluids lost afterwards!

My sons had a lot of sick days just from colds because it’s hardly going to do him or any other kids any favours if he’s there coughing and sneezing all over them (I do tell him to cover his mouth and use a tissue, but he doesn’t do it every single time despite me reminding him).

I’m also a big germophobe and had my fair share of bugs when younger n have a super fear of throwing up anyway :(

I am such a worrier with stomach bugs. It's really difficult isn't it. Trouble is that risk won't go away if he's at nursery. I'd ring your gp for advice. I wish there was a cure for the bluddy things. Xx

Apparently it takes one-three days after exposure to get sick so one day down, two to go to see if he’s managed to catch anything after going yesterday!

Fingers crossed he doesn’t and in the mean time lots of hand washing!

Illness is such a pain! I can cope with most things, but sickness bugs are something else aren't they!!
Did you end up taking him in this morning?

Kept him off!
Oh no I can’t do it either! Especially with my gag reflex being so sensitive lately! I’d be sick just from having to clean things up haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->