Sickness Bug & Symptom Concerns

SpringOrchid

Reaction score
I'm having a little panic!

I'm 9.5 weeks and have only experienced mild nausea up until last night when it woke me up at 4am and I threw up for the first time.

I felt awful but to be honest I also felt like I finally had some proof that my baby was doing well.

Then I kept throwing up until about 3pm, stayed in bed all day and had no energy to even move. I phoned the nurse because I also had two bouts of diarrhoea and a gripey tummy. She said she thought it sounded like a sickness virus and not MS. She said not to eat anything for 24hrs and baby should be unharmed.

But now I've noticed that my boobs are hardly sore at all now and they were my one and only consistent symptom I've had - they've been killing me for weeks! Other than that I've been pretty tired but that's about it.

Part of me is glad that it's not my morning sickness kicking it up a gear as I'm going on holiday next week, but another part really needed that reassurance.

I also got my first scan date through today for when I turn 12 weeks. I want to be excited but I'm terrified it will show a mmc.

Any reassurance would be greatly received. Anyone have a sickness bug early on and still ok?

Maybe this will help! Because we're pregnant our bodies tend to have stronger reactions to viruses than normal, so while yes, you felt crummy, you probably wouldn't have felt as crummy if you weren't pregnant.

Also your body is so focused on this other virus that I think it's just nt registering your breast tenderness at the moment, I know that sounds odd but I hope this helps :)

I had a vicious gastro bug earlier this week. I assume everything is still fine with bubby. I don't feel quite as morning sicknessy since but i think it's relative compared to the bug's sickness and honestly, babies are very well protected from your bugs atm. And it's easier to get sick because your immune system is reduced to prevent your body from attacking bubby.
If you're really worried go see your dr though.

Oh and it's normal to have symptoms reduce now as the placenta takes over. My symptoms always start reducing around 9 weeks.

Thank you both for your replies - they really have helped! I'm so glad I posted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->