Sickness - very dark green and slightly worried

Lazy Leo

Reaction score
Hiya,

A bit of a yucky topic for a Saturday morning but I have just been suddenly and unexpectedly sick and it was the most god-awful shade of dark dark green. I suspect everything is absolutely fine, but was wondering if there is a possibility its mecomuim and whether I should be contacting a m/w etc? I know it can get into the amniotic fluid if the baby is distressed, I don't know if the mother can then throw that up? I would doubt it, but it is niggling me a little.

Don't know if its relevant but I am on iron tablets which darken everything at the other end as well (delightful!) and
I came down with a migraine yesterday which meant I was sick a couple of times yesterday inlcuding before I went to bed - and I haven't eaten anything since, so maybe it's just lack of food in my stomach?

hiya hun, i would say there is no possible way that meconium could get into your stomach for you to be sick. It's just not physically possible. I would say you're closer with the iron tablet theory... green sick though... nice!

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: x x x

Thank you!!!! :hugs:

Thats what logic was telling me but its good to hear someone else agree. I'm on my own and don't have hubby here to tell me not to worry / that I'm being silly.

Dark green sick is what's called bilious. Means that there is bile in your stomach and that is what you are throwing up. I dare say it's cos of the fact that you've not eaten. Unless you have pain in your tummy I would say its nothing to worry about. Try drinking sips of water and if you can't keep anything down then phone your midwife cos you can get dehydrated quickly.

I would reiterate what the other ladies have said - but I hope you're feeling better now.
If you cant keep anything down, try sucking on ice-poles or make ice cubes from lucozade so you at least get a little bit of glucose into you, and make sure you speak to your midwife just in case.

How are you feeling now Lazy Leo? x x x

Been much better thanks girls.

Haven't been sick since this morning. Had some toast at lunch time and have had a bit of chicken as well, along with lots of water so hopefully it was just a passing thing.

Thanks for checking back on me :kiss: :hugs:

It could be the iron pills, but that usually comes out the other end.

glad to hear you are feeling better!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"