Sickness

yellowduck

Reaction score
I'm 8ish weeks pregnant with my first baby and really suffering from sickness and tiredness, not just morning sickness but pretty much all day...the afternoons seem to be worse. I work in quite a full on job and really struggling with everything. I feel like I can barely function normally, I look at everything at home that needs doing and can't face it, I have to keep running to the bathroom at home and at work to be sick. I'm not getting my work done at work either. Why does no one tell you how awful pregnancy is? How can I keep doing this for what could be another 8 weeks if some people say sickness does end til 16 weeks?
I'm sorry for moaning, I just feel so terrible. I've tired ginger, eating little and often, any other tips? I don't know how you ladies do it when you already have kids!

Morning sickness really is awful, I've has it this pregnancy too and some days I couldn't face getting out of bed, have you been to see your doctor there could be something he could give you to hep. I've not much advice apart from that but it's really important to try and stay hydrated.

Hope you start to feel better soon x

If ginger and sea bands don't help then I'd be going to the doctor, hope you feel better soon xx

I am at 6 weeks and since week 2 I felt like I had a severe hangover all day, I never threw up, but that awful feeling followed me all day and all I wanted to do was sleep. I spoke with my doctor about it and he gave me a prescription for nausea and its been amazing. I'm still a little tired some days but other than that I feel great! The medication is quite expensive at $2 a pill, but works amazing! Talk to your doctor

Thanks for the advice ladies, and thank you for being so kind I was worried everyone was just going to tell me to get on with it!
I'm going to buy some sea bands and will speak to dr/midwife about some tablets.
Gonabamama, that is exactly how it feels, I feel like I've got a horrible hangover!

Being pregnant is hard, growing a person takes a lot out of you. Being sick when you're otherwise ok is bad enough, no one expects you to put up and shut up honey xc

I'm right there with you. I've had to leave my desk twice today to go and dry heave in the bathroom. I've tried ginger/peppermint/red raspberry leaf teas, preggie pop drops, lemon in water, peppermint essential oils, eating little and often, vitamin B-6 tablets, ginger capsules, and sea bands. Most of the time, nothing works. I only feel good temporarily after I heave, or after I eat fast food. I'm to the point of asking for a prescription soon, but I'm hoping things will start improving as I'll be 10 weeks on Sunday. I will wait until next week. I have a three-day convention I need to attend next week and I don't know how I will function if I don't have medication. MOST women see improvement after the first three months. It's tough hearing all the horror stories of women who continue to have morning sickness into the second trimester or who puke every single day of their pregnancy, but realize that this isn't the norm and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

i would go to your doctor
they will prescribe you zofran and that will help

I feel for you. My first pregnancy was the same way. I was sick ALL the time, and I was also working full time. Nothing ever really helped, and the only medicine that worked just knocked me out, which didn't help because I wasn't able to function.

All I can say is there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's all worth it in the end. It's very discouraging, but there it is. Mine let up a little halfway through the 2nd trimester. That is to say, I wasn't throwing up as MUCH. But I had problems with "all the time sickness" throughout the entire pregnancy.

Thanks so much everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today. The sickness isn't so bad and the extra sleep I had yesterday seems to have helped too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->