Sicky

jessshakespea

Reaction score
Baby has started being sick after every boob, is this normal?

Depends how much tbh... My baby projectile vomited several times a day (and still does occasionally now due to reflux) but it's normal for all babies to bring some sick back up don't worry :flower:

One thing I would say though, is that I was always told that breasfed babies do not need winding... WRONG!!! They definately do so if you are not winding your LO this might be causing a bit of sick to come up later... I definately compounded my babies sickness by not winding her for those first few weeks... poor thing :blush:

xxx

Thanks! It's not projectile fortunately,but it does seem to be alot more in the last day or so, she's feeding constantly today too, but no temperature. Could be she needs more winding, I'll try that more, thanks!

No problem :) Sometimes babies just take a little bit too much milk so are sick up the extra what they don't need/stomach cannot take. Oh and well done on deciding to give BF a go... I assume from your ticker you have a newborn? - It's still your pregnancy ticker ;) Congratulations!

Thanks! Yeah she was actually born just over 2 weeks ago but with all this feeding I haven't got round to changing the ticker :D She can't have eaten too much this afternoon, she seems to think she's STILL hungry!

Ooh also like to add (my lo can be quite sick after most feeds- not projectile but a good ounce or 2!)
I found that she was gulping down a lot of air, so even though I wind her halfway through and after etc. Any milk that she swallowed could sometimes be sitting on an air bubble, and when she burped, up comes the milk. Then she'd be hungry again!!! So even though burping gets most wind up, it may also bring up a ton of wind too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->