side effect of nystan

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by kirstr1984, Jun 3, 2011.

1. kirstr1984

kirstr1984 tobys mom

My little one was prescribed nystan for thrush. Since taking it he is crying with pain in his tummy, is been sick loads and now has runny poops. Has anyone else ever had this? I dont kno if its just a coincidence

2. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

My LO was fine on it. Sorry not much help :flow:

3. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

4. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of those side effects before, but I know thrush can cause an upset tummy anyway. Daktarin is an alternative treatment and it is a gel you rub on Los mouth so they don't swallow much. It is also much more effective than nystan which many strains are resistant to now. Maybe pm SummerRain, she knows loads about this stuff x

5. LJaydow

LJaydow Jack, Elizabeth

Jack had 2 weeks worth of this as it didnt clear it up the first time, and he didnt seem to have any adverse reactions.

I read on here before that it is not the most effective antibiotic out there, and there is a chance that one course wont clear it - so do keep an eye out.

6. karlilay

karlilay Mum of 2 :)

Zach was poorly with it too. He had an upset tummy. Personally, i think its crap anyway. Ask for some Daktarin. Its much better hun xx