Side effects of flagyl ? (for bacterial vaginosis)

tcinks

Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone has experience with this medication? I started taking it yesterday, and today I've been so dry and itchy! Which actually isn't the worse because I've had some annoying discharge and this seems to have stopped that. But the dryness isn't terribly comfortable either. Anyone else experience this? Was there anything you did to help ease it?

Thanks!

Are you on the pill form or the gel (vaginal form)

I've done both. The pill form gave me headaches and honestly gave me a very blah mood. The gel gave me virtually no side effects except a nasty discharge (which they said was normal and cleared up after finishing the gel)

They are both anti biotics which are known to cauSe yeast infections... So I would keep an eye on that . Good luck

Thanks for your reply! :)

It's the pill, and I haven't had a headache or anything, just the dryness. I have heard it can cause yeast infection :/ I have been looking out for that, hoping it passes me by.

I took this one few months back for the exactly same reason and got very irritating taste in my mouth (I was prescribed the oral version). Though I never had dryness while on flagyl, I read it is known side effect of this drug.

Sorry I can’t suggest anything to relieve it. Any vaginal irritation, discharge, or dryness not present before use of this medicine should be reported to doctor. May be he can change the formulation for you. It is also important to follow guidance on what not to eat or drink, when taking these types of medication. For e.g. alcohol may increase the side effects of flagyl. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks ladies. Turns out it is a yeast infection. Ugh. I really don't want to have to take another medication, so I'm trying some home remedies which have helped in the past. The handful of times I've had one before, I never took meds and it passed on its own. Just hoping that works again. Although if it doesn't in a few days I might go for the meds. :/ So uncomfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->