sigh my mum doesn't know im pregnant yet

Zebra Stars

3RD Trimester
Reaction score
well i have just turned 17 & 5 weeks pregnant (sorry siggy's wrong)

me & OH planned to tell our parents on the same day as if they need time to themselves we hava a place to go,

& me & OH also planned on telling our parents after a 12week scan (as i am majourly scared of a M/C) so i won't know i was pregnant and had a m/c,

and about half a hour ago my mum asked ''Are you still taking the pill?'' stupid me said yes, but when my mum asked me to go on the pill i refused & said i want the injection!!because im forgetfull and somedays i am realy lazy and sleep till 2 or later (i go to bed around 3-4am usually) so thats whyi didn't take the pill,

so my question is when do you think i should tell my/OH mum?

i think you should tell them asap hun, they will know soon enough anyway :)
and even if, god forbid, you had a m/c your mum could help you through that. i know i wouldnt like to go through something like that on my own.
good luck xxx

Tell her as soon as ya can, its better to have it out than to lie to her, which would only hurt her more. It'll be better with it out, trust me hun. If you were to miscarry, not saying you will, its always better to have that support.

as soon as possible! I know it's easier said then done but the longer you leave it the harder it'll be. Plus both your mums will be more upset at you lying to them . Good luck telling them hun i hope it goes well. X

you should def tell her soon! she will be so gutted youve waited so long! and is your ticker broke? lol

good luck in telling her x

I'm not sure what to say but offering a supportive hug :hugs:

ASAP babe.. believe it or not its amazing when you have feels like the weight of the world has been lifted!! :thumbup:x

Awww, i know how hard it is, having that problem, but decided to tell both after 12 weeks scan, then go away for a bit, to give them time to think (haa, sounds cowardly, but not sure how his perants will take it.. especially)...
but it's deffinatly best to tell them, and they'll probably be upset for you at first, but they'll come round, a baby is never bad news, that's what my mum says, (i'm just gonna have to remind her she says that, when i tell her).
i worry about the same thing, so know what you mean..
HUGS!!!
xxxxx

I waited untill I was 14 weeks with my son and seriously it was the biggest relief ever telling her. Put it this way, you cand hide it forever hun and it really is better sooner rather than later, Sure they may be a bit lost for words but it wont last long. They cant be mad forever, whats done is done.

I wrote my mum a letter. She came in and hugged me,neither of us said anything till the morning but I knew she was there for me and damn I felt sooo relieved x

I definitely recommend telling them as soon as possible. I have a few friends who went with the letter route, and it worked well. They were both absolutely terrified, and writing a letter helped them think of exactly how they want to say it, as well as give the grandparents-to-be a little time to let the shock wear off.

I don't think there really is any "right" way to do it- as long as it's out there.

Good luck!

I said the same thing. I wanted to wait until 12 weeks because I'm terrified of m/c. But after I found out, I wanted my moms support so bad so I just told her. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if I didn't tell her. She's so supportive and helpful. Just tell her. It will be a big relief. :]

Wel i found out when i was like 8 weeks .. i didnt know how to tell my mum she doesnt live with me i live with my dad and i couldnt tell my dad on my own he would of probs gone mental at me! so i ended up ringing my mum straight away and she was really calm and supportive which i didnt expect really but she came over the same day and i asked her if she could tell my dad cause i couldnt face him i feelt hell be angry and dissapointed in me as his youngest daughter.. he wasnt pleased tbh but he calmed down after a few days they just told me to decide what i want to do keep or not and i wanted to keep i couldnt not.. and my mum took me to the doctors and it went from there lol
But...
Dont do what FOB did i told him he should tell his parents sooner then later and he told me he would when the times right.. i was nagging him for months and as i didnt see his parents often they never saw my 'bump' so they had no clue.. i finally got him to tell them at 30 weeks! and they were both fine with it lol so it turned out good but dont leave it til then lol do it after your first scan :thumbup: sounds good xx

sending you hugs. 6 yrs on and I still remember the feeling I had when I had to tell her. Trust me though it really is worth it hun and they have to find out sooner or later xx

i would tell her asap!!!!!! i bled alot for the 1st 12weeks and had to get 6scans there is no way i could do it without her! and i was always sick and soooooo tired she would of guessed it anyway. xxx

i'd tell her soon. it'll be hard to hide soon anyway. and plus, extra support. from most of the girls answers on here most of their mums were supportive as is mine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->