*Sigh* On to month 20 then :(

Minno

Reaction score
Well AF arrived yesterday so moving on to month 20. Will it ever happen?!
Bloomin' mother-in-law p'd me off this morning too when she came to baby-sit and told me - 'you should have a girl, but then at your age it's probably too late' - WTF!!!!!
Great - just what I needed. But I am feeling my 40 years today :cry:

oh hun - try and stay positive.

I get comments like that from my MIL too - and then she says - why aren't you trying and i feel like say shut the **** up - arrrrgggghhhhh

My sister in law used to always say it as a joke to me too - especially since she had her son last year and then i just snapped and said how do you think it makes me feel - i dont ask for miscarriages to happen to me and she has never said anything again.

Chin up hun - it will happen for us x

AF arrived yesterday for me too, on to month 16 (had m/c on month 1...) so not too far behind you (and turning 40 in 4 months...) We know we have MF, although under the new guidance, OH falls under the 'normal' category, but taking his not super swimmers and my not super shiny eggs, it goes on and on... I just tell myself that there bound to be one cycle when his swimmers will be a bit more energetic and that will be the month I release one of the my few left good eggs! I try to hang on to the fact that we CAN get pregnant, not that we have factors against us.

Comments like that of you MIL are so frustrating, especially on cd1. It's as bad the other way around when you hear that soooooo many women get pregnant at 40 and so I should just be patient... No it isn't so easy to fall pg at 40 we just hear more about it.

Keep strong Minno, one day, one cycle will be different, we won't believe it, but it will be :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Felt really down yesterday and you have bucked me up. I try to stay positive but it comes and goes. REad an article at the hairdressers today about there being a baby-boom in the over-40's, followed by a comment from a fertility expert saying but women shouldn't wait! So many mixed messages. Also read a thread yesterday from a 52 year old lady on this forum ttc - good on her I say - really makes me feel there is hope. You're both so right - we've just got to keep on going. x

You'll get there, hun you just gotta believe and im not that different from you (40 four months ago) so here's to us both hitting that jackpot soon! :)

Definately Omi, thanks for your reply. How long have you been ttc?

Well, thats opening a can of worms, lol! Started in summer 2007 got bfp 7 months seven in Jan 2008. Mc in March. Got another bfp in Oct 2008. Mc in Dec. Was referred for testing into the mc's as over 35 in Jan 2009. Got tests results back (underactive thyroid) and put on medication and ready to ttc in April 2009. As was already into wedding planning and with bad history decided to wait for wedding so as to not had mc again and/ or be pregnant at wedding in Nov 2009. Hubby basically does 2 jobs so not every month is successful but i have hope, you know. All i need is the union of ONE egg and ONE sperm and hey presto! :)

It might have been risky waiting to some but tbh, i don't really feel bad about it all. I don't really think (i hope, gulp :)) that it could have ruined too much for me. If i could get pg a year ago then surely a year later is not gonna kill my fertility all together. Ive simply been told that you have fewer eggs so it might take some time...so plying myself with some patience (which im in serious lack of, lol!)

We'll get there- the more you try the closer you get!

Omi xxx

ps, where in Scotland are you - im in Glasgow! :)

Hi - I totally understand why you waited. So much to go through having had two m/c's, and maybe having had a rest from it all has done you some good? I'm ever hopeful that one day it will just happen - as you say, law of averages, the longer you try the closer you get! Hope so anyway lol

I'm in Fife, so not too far from you. Lovely to speak to someone close to home xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->