Sigh. Took Plan B. :(

tearspawn

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

My partner had a bit of a slip up this month and so I took Plan B for the first time. It is depressing for various reasons, but it really isn't the right time for us. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else found themselves in this spot, and how it went.

I'm a graduate student, and stopped taking the pill about this time last year. For most of the year an accident would have been okay because I wouldn't be looking for a job yet anyway. But I'm so close to the end now I would have the baby in a financial no-man's land between school and work. Gah, I just don't want to go back on hormonal birth control, I feel a lot better without it. Taking Plan B has sucked because it reminds me of what that was like. We've got to make condoms work!

Anyway, it's hard because I've hoped for an accident for a long time, and my partner is finally talking quite freely about our plan to have a baby in the next couple years (basically as soon as I get a job). It feels more real than it has, and here I am with stupid weird Plan B cramps and sore boobs. Long sigh.

I've taken Plan B before as well. I didn't have any side effects, but still it's a sad thing to do when you long for a baby so very much.

I've had to take it a couple of times since I had my son. I also don't want to use hormonal birth control (I have a bit of paranoia that it could affect my longterm fertility).

It's not a nice feeling taking it but right now would be an awful time to be pregnant again. We live with my parents and we're saving for a mortgage so you can see why it would be awful timing.

I last took it Dec 30th. Had a bleed shortly after but am mow having an unusually long cycle so not sure what's happening!

Do you just dislike condoms or is there an allergy or..? I find they totally ruin the mood and minimise any sensation :(

Taking the morning after pill can mess with your hormones just as much as the pill can if you take it too often so becarefull of relying on it too much.

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies, we'll see how weird this cycle and the next are (it looks like I'm starting this one a bit early, for valentine's day ... yay ... :/)

LilMiss: I hope your cycle sorts itself out for you soon! Our bodies are such freaking mysteries sometimes.

Condoms are a bit of a buzz kill, and we often just pull out. But I don't want to take this thing again, so we should try to use the rubbers more if he's going to get worried like this. I'm glad he isn't putting much pressure on me to go back on the pill, I would feel worse about inflicting them on us!

Eline: It is sad. The one good thing is that I just ordered a bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding in the summer, so I do want to fit into it! Heh heh.

Hey, I was in your exact situation pretty much going through University, and we did get me back on the pill because of the "scare" and having to take Plan B. It is nice to have that peace of mind on the pill. Plus, it worked in our favour since it was technically cheaper than condoms, since insurance pays you back for the pill.

I get what you mean that you secretly wouldn't mind an "oops" if it happened. I know I felt the same way and felt devastated to take the Plan B, but deep down knew it wasn't the right time at all, and it wasn't.

I posted a thread about plan B a few weeks ago...go check it out. I posted a bunch of effects and stuff on there.

I hate taking birth control/plan B too. Sorry you had to do that.

(by the way, in my post...I accidentally titled it "Plan Bill" hahaha)

Out of interest sake are you not willing to take the mini pill? At least its only one hormone going into your body. I used it for 9 years, came off it and was pregnant within four months. When baby was 6 weeks I went back on it and have had no scares since.

I'm thinking about going on the copper coil once this cycle sorts itself out. It has no hormones in it (the copper kills the sperm) and once it's removed your fertility is immediately restored. It's also meant to be more effective than the pill as you don't have the issue of user error. Might be worth considering? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->