Signs of an ear infection?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by FLU77ERBYE, Nov 16, 2011.

1. FLU77ERBYE

FLU77ERBYE Crazy Hedgehog lady!

Hello ladies.

Jorja hasnt been herself for a couple of days, she's been really wingy and she's started covering her ears at any loud noises, I cleaned her ears out before and it was really dark orange wax and really thick. Her temp is 35.7. I just don't know what to think. She's been forever touching her ears the past couple of days.

Any help would be great

Thank you x :flower:

2. sam1984

sam1984 Well-Known Member

is there any redness? if not sure take her to the doctors but i was always told that the amount of wax is not an indicator as it is a good thing if the ear is pushing the wax to the outside part.
    also is she teething, mine always pulled at there ears when they had teeth coming

3. FLU77ERBYE

FLU77ERBYE Crazy Hedgehog lady!

Hi Sam. yeah shes teething and there is some redness, shes really not taking it too well. Im just a bit worried. Do you think I should give Out of hours a call? She's not had much to drink as she keeps throwing the bottle, and she didnt finish her lunch. Shes really not herself x

4. sam1984

sam1984 Well-Known Member

sorry only just got back on computer. yes phone doctor or take her down to to get a bit of piece of mind if nothing else that it is teething related and not an infection.
    how has she been last night/this morning?

5. welshprincess

welshprincess mum of 3 handsome boys

My boy had a ear infection around 3 mnths ago, he had yucky green gunk in his ear