silly phobia

2bmum

Me, my lil man + WTT 2011
Reaction score
I've always had a phobia about stitches, the thought of having a needle going in and out of my skin freaks me out. I've never had them before and as my lo's birth is getting nearer and nearer it's constantly playing on my mind.

Not bothered about the labour, just having stitches afterwards. My mum has told me that after going through labour I'll not be bothered about the stitches and you can only feel a slight tug but still worried.

Looking for reasurrance really girls x

I think they freeze you first, and you'll be so involved with your little one, you won't even notice!!!

I didn't even know if I got a stitch after DS #1. The doctor said I "may need one" and went to look I guess then I was holding my son and delivering placenta etc. and I had no idea if he even put one in or not. It was my OH that told me they did lol

:hugs: hun. I don't have reassuranse unfortunatley but i wanted to send :hug:. Try not to worry about things we have no control over. Them are wise words from my nana and i try to live by them, easier said than done at times but what will be will be. I suffer from a phobia myself and its really not nice to be scared of something/situations but try not to worry yourself sick xx

You'll be so in love with your new LO, that it won't even matter! :)

It was my leg but I had a phobia about stitches too, I thought they would be more than they were - I wouldnt worry if you do need them you wont feel anything I promise!

I had an episiotomy when delivering since I was in distress and couldn't push anymore. I had to have stitches from front to back. I didn't feel a thing and well I didn't care either. Going through birth and then having my little one, the last thing on my mind was the stitching. I did have an epidural, but even if you go natural and need stitching after a tear, they will freeze you and you shouldn't feel anything.

Try not to worry (yes easier said than done) but you'll do great!

I think most places give you local anaesthetic to numb you first.. maybe you could pop it in your birth plan that you'd prefer to be numbed before any stitching, just to be on the safe side. Good luck x

Hey hun, before DD I'd never had stiches before either and the idea freaked me out - and tbh if I was to have stiches in any other situation, again I'd be freaked out. But for me, after going through labour and then suddenly having my little girl in my arms they could have done anything to me and I wouldn't have cared! I teared pretty badly and needed a few stitches, and all I remember of it was them asking if they could bring some students in to watch (note that I'm reeeeally shy about down below and normally that would be a huge no go!) and I said go ahead! :hugs:

Aww hun, You will be fine, if you need them you will be so in love with your baby you won't notice them and they will numb you first. I know its easy to say but try not to worry too much, take care :hugs: XX

thanks everyone and I'll def be putting the numbing in my birth plan when mw comes out on the 5th. I'm sure I'll be fine, just need to stop thinking about it. Thanks girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->