Silly pregnacy comments

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lesleyann, Apr 12, 2009.

1. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

ok so me and my oh where talking about some of the silly things people ask and say and things we should of said back lol so id decided to see what ones you have all had.

some of ours have been :

"You can really tell your pregnant now" our answer what so you just thought i was fat before???

"you look like you could go anyday now" Our answer im only 20weeks but thanks a fking lot!!!

"Do you know what your having?" Our answer a monkey or two :D

"So is this your first baby?" Our answer no it just says that in my notes for the fun of it :) ** my midwife **

"being pregnant really suits you" our answer so you just want me to be fat?

"what does it feel like when the baby moves??" our answer like a baby moving :)

:muaha:

2. Arlandria

Arlandria Love being Mrs.C xx

lol - I am clearly looking pregnant at the min and some random woman asked if i was having twins! I suppose i cant get offended but then asked "Do you know what you're having?" To which i replied "A baby!"

In the same day i had another woman come over and just say "Pregnant?" - What could i say to that???? I just looked at her!! then she said "Excited?" - "yes thanks!"

then she walked off........Very random!!??

3. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

Someone said to me...oh haven't popped yet...I said 'thankfully no I'm only 28wks!' lol...moron. People always ask me if I'm carrying twins...drives me nuts!

4. channy3232

channy3232 Well-Known Member

I had a friend who, when I was at least 23 weeks...I started to show at about 17...he said you barely look pregnant! I was like um I kinda thought I looked pretty darn pregnant. You mean I always look this fat???

5. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

Not sure if this counts as silly, more downright annoying but when people say to me 'oh i hope its a boy' or basically any reference to my baby being a boy it really gets my back up. We choose not to find out the sex and it doesn't matter to me if its a boy or a girl and it makes me feel like people will be dissapointed if its not a boy.

It shouldn't matter to me what people think but it really pisses me off that people think they have the right to hope or wish for a certain sex when it isn't even their baby.

Oh and the amount of peope that tell me I have dropped when I haven't at all,

Usually they say, ooooooooooooooooh you've definetley dropped,

me, no i haven't, its the same as usual.......

them, nooooooooooo you've def dropped !!

Errrr I think I bloody well know if ive dropped or not thank you very much !!!!

6. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

I'm gonna gatecrash :blush:
    I used to get all the delivery drivers at work saying- 'Haven't had that baby yet aye?'
    Just felt like saying, yes I have, I just shove her back up there when I come to work.

7. daniandbaby

daniandbaby Pregnant-expecting

I've had our you having twins, Damn I'm not that big!

8. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

I get the "it's gonna be a boy" statement so much it drives me up the wall. I simply reply... That's what everybody says and it will be what it will be. It's all based on the old wives tales of all out front, carrying low etc... because we choose not to find out the sex of the baby.

Tonight, hubby and I were getting KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) for dinner, and an unknown man came up behind us and heard our order was 15 pieces of chicken, he made a comment of "Must be feeding for 13 there". I could have slapped him.

We unfortuately get so many of these stupid questions and statements... Sometimes I just want to bitch slap people for their stupidity, but mostly I just laugh and think in the back of my mind what a freaking moron they are! lol

9. LinseyLou

LinseyLou Well-Known Member

Some people are dumb. I was running in from getting the mail the other day, and one of the women that lives in my cul de sac, walked by and said, "oh, when are you due?" and then before I could answer, she said "you ARE pregnant, right?" I was like "yes I am, and I'm due in about 6 weeks" She goes "well thank goodness, you just never know these days!" I'm thinking to myself, yah, unless I'm smuggling a watermelon under my shirt, I would say I look pretty darn pregnant!

10. celine

celine Well-Known Member

I was at a friends house for dinner and the fil asked me when did i have my baby? Im like..errr Im in 2 months he is still in there dammit!!

11. BumbleBump

BumbleBump Mummy to 3 girlies!

Not sure if this counts as the same type, but I've been dying to post about a work collegues comment the other day - There were slightly out of date biscuits in the office and when people heard they all jumped on getting some, as one of my work mates went past and saw I hadn't gone to get any he asked me if he'd like him to grab me some and I said that it's ok I didn't want any... My other work mate said "Don't you think she's putting on enough as it is, she don't need any biscuits!" :gun: How rude was he! I know he was only talking about bump, but still - sheesh the things people think they can get away with!

12. Mummi2b

Mummi2b x Mummy to Adrhianna x

lmao the best one is

" oh hes still in there then" well if he wasnt i would be pushin him in a pram ergggggg

13. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

PMSL Thats a good one !!!

14. lindypops

lindypops Lin, Si and Eve

When we found out we are having a girl, lots of people asked my OH how he felt about that - as if he was going to be p'd off or disappointed because he would naturally want a boy.

He doesn't seem to notice, but I'm starting to really resent the implication.

15. charlieann

charlieann Well-Known Member

OH's stepmum told me she was disappointed im having a boy as she already has 3 grandsons and they were hoping for a girl. wtf! were excited about having baby, she dont seem to get that its not her grandkid its her step-grandkid. she one of these know it alls and seems to visit more often since ive been pregnant.

16. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

The nerve of some people...Gotta love those ones eh???
    I dread the thought of my SIL (who has no children) or MIL taking over. I'll be telling them both to go fly a kite :>

17. SJK

SJK Well-Known Member

The boy whos covering me when I leave started weeks ago and the other day asked me was I pregnant ? :dohh:

eh no I ate an extra chinese at the weekend :dohh: xxx

18. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I keep getting 'is it twins?' the whole time so glad I'm not the only one! And 'you definitely look pregnant now' is annoying too. God I hope I didn't say these dumb things to pregnant women...

19. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

How overdue are you ? wtf i am only 30 wks

20. 1cre8tivgrl

1cre8tivgrl Mommy of 3

aww :hugs: serina

I work for a printing company so we always have tons of clothes in our showroom, well someone brought in a men's size 6X pants, they were huge, I could have fit 4 of me in them. I hear co-workers cracking jokes about them in the other room and one of them goes, did you order those in for Rhonda... :growlmad: I was so mad!! I know they were joking but still!

Then yesterday I went to my in-laws for Easter dinner and DH's grandmother was there (she's one to speak her mind, hurtful or not), she goes so how much weight have you gained so far, I'm thinking to myself HA! yeah right, like I'm giving you that info! I said not as much as I did with ds. She looks at me and says yeah your belly's not as big, your just gaining it all in the back and she points to my butt...I've never been so hurt :hissy: