silly qu...

If you run your finger (gently!!) from between his eyes upwards, you will find it just above his forhead, fairly towads the front his head. It's quite large in a new born. I noticed just the otehr day that Olivers ia nearly closed now, at 6 months.

Just above their hair line on their forehead, in the middle.
Does your little man have a lot of hair? If so you may not be able to see it very well, but if you feel very gently you should feel where the bone stops and starts

newborns have 2 soft spots the biggest is a diamond shape on top of babies head near the front...if you look closely you can see it pulsating it should close completely by 18 months ...the second is just above the nape of the neck this one is only very small and is closed by about 6 weeks of age
xx

Dunno i was too freaked out by it to look or purposely touch it :rofl:

Exactly where the other ladies said! I never even knew babies had one of these untill one day when Tye was a few days old i saw it pulsating and i paniced and rang my mum saying what the hell is that!!!

yep just where other mummys said, i too was very scared of it :blush:

Do you know im a mummy of 3 and still didnt know that babies had 2 untill m/w said when Oscar was born HaHaHa.
I knew the top one obviously but never the back of the head one..

And i sounded stupid the other day too getting Oscar weighed , I said he has an obsesion for white walls her response "Well they can only see black and white for the first few weeks carnt they", I said "Oooo yer" , Walked out and really i didnt have a sodding clue lol.

So not stupid questin at all hun . x .

ive got 4 kids and didnt know they only saw black and white for a few weeks til i read this.....its not something i thought to ask about...i knew their vision was blurry but didnt know they didnt see colours doh!!!!

Never knew they couldnt see colours! Or had 2 soft spots lol. Why do they have soft spots?

they have soft spots so the skull can mould during birth otherwise their heads would be too large to come out ...ouch imagine if the head didnt compress how much would that hurt!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->