Silly question but need to know!

ClaireMuir123

Mummy to Jayden and Ava
Reaction score
Hi Girls!

This is a really silly question but I need to know, so please don't laugh! :haha: In my 1st pregnancy I had no sex drive whatsoever so bascially didn't have sex until I got to 37 weeks and was desperate to go into labour, because sperm has the hormones in it that are used to start labour.

But this time I'm definately getting the urges to DTD (much to my hubbys delight!) but was wondering if it was safe for him to... erm.. come inside me? Just because I know it can be used to start labour. Obviously I know labour won't start until it's ready but I can't help but wonder. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Claire xxx

Ps. Got a scan this morning after some bleeding and clots and it's safe to say I'm shitting myself! Please keep everything crossed for me xxx

Sex and him ejaculating inside you are perfectly fine, the sperm will only ripen the cervix when you're ready to go into labour (that's how my first labour was kick started at 36 weeks!)
I would be weary about having sex after the bleeding though, leave it until after the scan and voice your opinion there as they will know whether it's safe for you right now. xx

Oh and got everything crossed that everything's fine!! xx

Good luck for today. Fx for you that everything is fine :) x

thanks for posting this as i also wondered x

hi good luck for ure scan :) im sure it will be ok ill keep everything crossed for you ..... but i also would leave dtd untill bleeding has stopped for a few days xxxx

I wish i had the urges, my oh is going nuts!

I think its fine, but i'd wait until you've had your scan now with bleeding, only a week away!

good luck today - sex drive - what is this thing you talk of? haha

I hadn't thought about that, so glad you mentioned it. We have continued our sex life almost the same as pre-pregnancy (bloody thrush!) and he always ahem, 'does', inside me. I hope it is ok as the above poster says.

Good luck, hoping all will be well.

i have a similar question, not that it applies to me as hubby is away for a few weeks but is it safe to use condoms while pregnant?

Good luck today Claire!

My doc said sex was ok, except when I was spotting. Then I was told no sex for 48 hours. Not that it matters, my sex drive is totally GONE.

like the other girls have said sex is fine unless you experiance bleeding.

goodluck for your scan :flower:

Good luck with your scan :hugs: I had a scan for the same reason this morning and nurse advised no DTD for a few weeks as this can aggravate the bleeding.

Thanks everyone! May lay off the sex until my 12 week scan next week, but I'm really feeling it now lol.

Scan went great! Couldn't find any reason for the bleeding or clot, she said that sometimes these things just happen!

Here's my baby noodles

Baby noodles 11+1.jpg

lol, you ladies must not be in the US... during my first pregnancy the doctor very openly started chatting with us about sex during the first appointment. I mean, clearly you do it -- how else would you have gotten pregnant?? lol.

It's perfectly fine to DTD when you're preggo. If you find that you need a little assistance, lube is OK to use, but you should avoid warming gels as they can be a little too intense with everything being more sensitive in your nether regions.

Condoms are also fine, but if you're doing things with the guy that knocked you up, what's the point? You can't prevent what's already happened...

You may notice a little bit of bleeding afterwards. (like one or two drops when you wipe) -- that's probably actually your cervix bleeding from irritation. Totally normal, and it probably won't happen every time.

No guys, you can't "poke the baby". Sorry about your ego.

The further along you get, the less comfortable missionary style is going to become. Experiment now, because trying new things when you're 6, 7, or 8 months pregnant isn't going to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->