Silly question, but swelling or just fat

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by mamato2more, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

I have never really gotten swollen feet before..But, my feet and ankles are either fat or swollen..Is there a way to tell the difference?? :shrug:

I am just keeping a really close eye on things with me expecting twins..Thanks ladies!

2. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

swelling is more tender feeling. i get it when i stand up for a few hours, feels like there is water in my feet.

i think anyway :blush: i think thats what my mw told me :rofl: so forgetful

3. sweetniss113

sweetniss113 Well-Known Member

with the tip of a finger gently press your inner arm and watch the reaction time for it to turn from white back to normal color then do the same on your foot and if its swelling it will take longer to go back to normal color.

4. Angellicaa

Angellicaa Well-Known Member

I agree with her! If you are retaining water, you will have what is called 'pitting edema'. If you push down with your fingertips on your ankle and there is an indentation in your skin that does not pop right up, then you probably are swelling and would go in to see a doctor... +4 pitting edema is the worst and +1 the least....

I hope all is well!

5. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

Thanks ladies! I think I just did toomuch the day before..It was swelling because last night, it was gone..Ill keep an eye on it!