Silly question, but swelling or just fat

mamato2more

Number 9 on the way
Reaction score
I have never really gotten swollen feet before..But, my feet and ankles are either fat or swollen..Is there a way to tell the difference?? :shrug:

I am just keeping a really close eye on things with me expecting twins..Thanks ladies!

swelling is more tender feeling. i get it when i stand up for a few hours, feels like there is water in my feet.

i think anyway :blush: i think thats what my mw told me :rofl: so forgetful

with the tip of a finger gently press your inner arm and watch the reaction time for it to turn from white back to normal color then do the same on your foot and if its swelling it will take longer to go back to normal color.

with the tip of a finger gently press your inner arm and watch the reaction time for it to turn from white back to normal color then do the same on your foot and if its swelling it will take longer to go back to normal color.

I agree with her! If you are retaining water, you will have what is called 'pitting edema'. If you push down with your fingertips on your ankle and there is an indentation in your skin that does not pop right up, then you probably are swelling and would go in to see a doctor... +4 pitting edema is the worst and +1 the least....

I hope all is well!

Thanks ladies! I think I just did toomuch the day before..It was swelling because last night, it was gone..Ill keep an eye on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->