silly question but....

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Lisa2701, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Lisa2701

Lisa2701 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

At the risk of sounds silly i have a question....

I've been reading up about temping etc, and it seems as though you have to take your temperature either orally or vaginally?? Is there a reason you can't use a digital ear thermometer, aren't they supposed to be the most accurate:shrug:?

:flower:Lisa:flower:

2. hayzeb

hayzeb Unexpectedly Expecting!

Hi I think that people don't use them as they are not two decimal points but if you have one with two decimal points then I think there is no problem using it.

3. Lisa2701

ahh i see. no the one i've got doesnt' have 2 decimal places. how important is that to temping?

I had a massive dip yesterday from 36.8c to 36.2c and today its up at 37.0c i think, if i remember right. anyone have an idea of why i had the dip? Sorry totally new to all of this.

Lisa xx

4. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Not cooperating

You need to see to two decimal places, as some times the difference can be a little as .01 of a degree in your core BBT. The difference between follicular and luteul phase can be as little as .20, so catching the second decimal place is important.

5. Lisa2701

ahhh i see. WEll in that case i think i need to go shopping.... typical, just like me to start something without understanding fully! Ok, another silly question then, does tesco sell them....lol i'm heading out there soon anyway. lol. x

6. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Not cooperating

Boots does - two versions - one that actually tracks your temps for three months - but the regular BBT is fine - I don't know how much they are unfortunately, as I live overseas and bought mine here. Good luck

7. Lisa2701

thank you caterpiller, i'm sure i can get one tomorrow then. x

8. pichi

pichi TTC on hold