silly question but....

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Hi all,

At the risk of sounds silly i have a question....

I've been reading up about temping etc, and it seems as though you have to take your temperature either orally or vaginally?? Is there a reason you can't use a digital ear thermometer, aren't they supposed to be the most accurate:shrug:?

:flower:Lisa:flower:

Hi I think that people don't use them as they are not two decimal points but if you have one with two decimal points then I think there is no problem using it.

ahh i see. no the one i've got doesnt' have 2 decimal places. how important is that to temping?

I had a massive dip yesterday from 36.8c to 36.2c and today its up at 37.0c i think, if i remember right. anyone have an idea of why i had the dip? Sorry totally new to all of this.

Lisa xx

You need to see to two decimal places, as some times the difference can be a little as .01 of a degree in your core BBT. The difference between follicular and luteul phase can be as little as .20, so catching the second decimal place is important.

ahhh i see. WEll in that case i think i need to go shopping.... typical, just like me to start something without understanding fully! Ok, another silly question then, does tesco sell them....lol i'm heading out there soon anyway. lol. x

Boots does - two versions - one that actually tracks your temps for three months - but the regular BBT is fine - I don't know how much they are unfortunately, as I live overseas and bought mine here. Good luck

thank you caterpiller, i'm sure i can get one tomorrow then. x

you can get a BBT thermometer and a temping log book in boots for i think its £12?

yeah its here: Boots Digital Thermometer & Fertility Diary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"