Silly question but...

T

thompsonic

Can you get Folic Acid/Pregnancy vits in liquid form? :blush:

I know it's early to be asking but I'm panicking. I really, really have issues with swallowing pills. I've never, ever been able to, and I've tried everything. Seriously, I can even put a pill inside a pot of yoghurt and manage to not swallow it. I hate it and I wish I could swallow tablets but I really don't see me ever managing to do it... I even try and practice with mini-Smarties, and I can't swallow those.

So anyway, when it does come to TTC, what am I going to do?! Will the dr be able to give me anything? Could I have injections or something? I'm really scared because obviously I want to do everything perfectly when the time comes...

Hmmm I don't know about anything in liquid form - but lots of multivit drinks have RDA of folic acid...but also I have found these amazing micro tablets of folic acid in boots (still contain 400mcg) - they are absolutely teeny and they come in a cute little tube where you click the top and one pops out at the bottom!..with a bit of practice they might work for you :flower:

I'm currently taking a prenatal that has OptiMUM in it's name, can't remember the brand though! It's in liquid form but it tastes vile, like one of those medicines that you'd have to take when you were little that tasted so horrid that your mum would promise you a sweet afterwards if you took it. It was £1 in Savers for 150ml- 15 days supply. I only got it as they were out of the Santogen Mum to Be and I won't be getting it again. It doesn't have as many vitamins in it as most of the others, but it does have the full 400 micrograms of folic acid in though.

Beca :wave:

Hey hun

I used to have a real issues with pills. Because I took an overdoes when I was 13 and The sight of pills made me feel sick

Put the folic acid tablets are really small, I struggled but I just thought about how I was helping my baby

I'm sure you will be fine sweetie :hugs:
xx

theyre really small but if you have a problem with em maybe you could crush them and then put them in yoghurt? Also i think i read somewhere that theres no harm in woman taking folic acid as soon as they are able to concieve but i could be wrong there!

i too have to say the folic acid tablets are tiny! about the same size as the pill, so i'm sure your be fine. i would probably advice against crashing tablets as the idea is they dissolve in your stomach, so i assume would lose goodness crushed.

can i just ask, what happen's if you have to take antibiotics, i'm highly allergic to penicillin, thus during my pregnancy i had quite a few urine infections, common, resulting in having to take large doses of antibiotics, and following my c-section i had to take a large combination of antibiotics for weeks to clear up a nasty infection (not that common lol!) not to mention the many, many pain killers (also a pain for me as i'm allergic to ibuprofen)

what i'm trying to say hon, is you have to think about this once your pregnant too, taking pills is often par-of the course when having a baby, i'm sure your be fine honey, and i would even speak to you doctor to see if there is anything they can do to help :hugs: x

you can get folic acid in a kind of milk drink, can't remember what it's called but i know it's available :) not sure about vits etc!

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to have lots of practice... mini Smarties are about the same size as the pill (I compared them, my friend is on the pill), so I guess I'll just keep trying with those...

and I have never had to have antibiotics thankfully... if I feel ill I have nuerofen meltlets (they dissolve in your mouth) or calpol :)haha:) and the one time I needed specific pills I had to cut them into quarters and put each quarter in a rolo...

I hope it's just a mind over matter thing and when it comes to it, I'll be able to take 'em..

When i was younger i used to throw up everytime i tried to take a pill, until i went on the pill and it was hard to start with but 5 years along the line i can take most pills without water or anything...so what i'm saying is yes its just practice

i think it is just practice hon, your be fine. also did you no folic acid is fortified in some breads and breakfast cereals too x

i take folic acid in liquid form its called follicare and doesnt taste too bad. I too cant take tablets anything bigger than the pill and i cant do it.

I sympathise I am the same. I cant take tablets either. its like a mental block they are in my mouth and i feel like my throat has closed over and sometimes i can swallow them but only if some sort of switch is triggered in the brain and i feel my throat open. I know its all mental and in my head but no amount of practice seems to help. Some days I can swallow them and some i cant. I am taking folic acid right now and taking the tabs they are quite powdery and by the time i can swallow them they are pretty much all powder in my mouth. Right now before TTC I am also taking a regular multi vit that has folic acid in and its chewable. There is not any advice i can offer cos i know how hard it is. Its impossible for someone to understand unless they cant do it either. Wish you all the luck in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->