• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Silly question, possible TMI >.>

Neko-chan

Momma to Rudy <3
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

So this may be a bit TMI but this is my first time on this particular merry-go-round and I'm the typical worrywart first-timer. I've been having some toilet issues lately (namely, can't go) and I swear I'm going to the store today after work to get some fiber! In the meantime, does anyone know if it's possible to hurt the baby by pushing too hard? I'm 15+1 today and my next monthly appointment isn't until the 30th so I can't wait until then to ask. Help, please?

Thanks and sorry for being such a silly-head!
-Neko

I dont think it really is healthy to push that hard huni. I think, i know it's uncomfy, but just try and wait it out till u actually need to go. I know pushing hard without being pregnant can cause problems so i don't know if it would hurt baby or not but I can't imagine it would. I cant push as it is anyways because it hurts my uterus :blush:

Get a small (Mine is about 23cm/9inches high) foot stool to take in the bathroom with you. Having your feet up is supposedly a more 'natural' position for you to go in and can get things moving a bit iykwim.
Those little kid/folding ones are probably just the right size, plus you can use it later when toilet training.

^^ All good advice.
It's also important to make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Excercise can help too, like going for a walk or something.

You could try prunes, or kiwifruit is really good too.

i was really really constapated about from 15 to 23 weeks and i found fibre did nothing for me. if your going to eat loads of fibre you need to drink loads of water aswell otherwise it wont work hun. LOADS OF WATER :flower:
also are you able to get hold of some latulose? if you can then get some as it works wonders, if not then phone your doctor and see if they can give you anything, its really not nice being constapated.
remember to drink as much water as you can though cause that really does help.
xxx

Don't push or strain when going to the bathroom. Eating whole grains, bananas, apples, and drinking lots of water can help. Also, I do these squats in the morning to help get things going. Swaying back and forth on the toilet can help move the bowel down. Side note, swaying back and forth also helps in labor to move baby down :)

Pushing won't harm the baby but could well give you piles hun! If your not a fan of fruit etc then you could always try those activia yoghurts with fibre in, they have always helped me, fruit doesn't seem to regulate me cos I can eat tons of grapes and nothing happens.

i had this, i told my midwife and she just said eat some more fruit :)
xx

nothing works for me sometimes and only thing to do is to push unless i want to get more constipated which i of course dont want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"