Silly really but proud!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by baby D, Aug 28, 2009.

1. baby D

baby D Joshua and Amelia x

So Amelia can FINALLY settle herself to sleep at night ---- so proud of her as she used to find it really hard and needed lots of soothing to help her falll asleep - the past few nights i have laid her in her cot awake and she has put herself to sleep :cloud9: It makes bedtime sooo much more relaxing!

Just waiting for her to 'learn' how to sleep through the night now....:cry:

2. gbromley2007

gbromley2007 Well-Known Member

aww congrats! my little one only just started drifting off herself in her cot and she is 4 months now. hugs

3. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Well done to you both :D Amelie can put herself to sleep but we never get to practise it cos she falls asleep drinking her bedtime feed :dohh:

4. baby D

Just when do you think our girls will get the hang of 'night' then, Blah ---- 7 months on seems such a long time - i was told bubbas sleep through betweeen 3 and 4 months!

5. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

:rofl: I don't know! Atleast Amelia has SOME good nights, Amelie has NEVER EVER slept the whole night :shrug:

6. AnnaHughes

AnnaHughes Well-Known Member

7. my1stbump

my1stbump Well-Known Member

I bet you are well proud.

We are trying to get out little boy to settle on his own at the moment, it's only taken us 11mths to do it as I have enjoyed the night cuddles. We have been trying since Tuesday. He cried for 20mins tues night and then for about 45mins Wed night, last night was g8 he went to sleep straight away. I have just put him down and he's been crying for over 10mins :cry:

8. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

wow... got any tips for me? Finding bedtime really difficult lately. We have a routine of dinner, quiet play, bath, milk and bed. It was working well but now all she does is cries and stands up in her cot. It goes on for an hour and a half sometimes - then she's hungry again. I leave her to fuss for 10 mins or so but can't bear it so have to soothe her. it seems to work but then she cries when I leave the room. She's obviously really tired but just fights sleep! I make sure she's not overtired aswell before i put her to bed - i've tried everything!!!!

Sometimes she goes down great and other times she's a right monkey!

9. baby D

bibswy - your routine sounds the same as mine and amelia used to just pull on the bars and cry - quieten with comfort then start again whan i left the room. I just kept going back in and stroking her face and giving her kisses over and over till she slept - she would stop crying when i comforted her most of the time so i didnt need to pich er up --- obviously i did if she continued to cry or was really upset. Then one night she just didnt cry out - i went in after 10 mins convinced id left the monitor off and she was asleep!!!!! Couldnt believe it!