Silver Cross Balmoral Pram?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by TMonster, Jun 9, 2013.

1. TMonster

TMonster Well-Known Member

I have a friend who has a silver cross balmoral pram and offered to give it to me for free. Its close to 20 years old but in fantastic condition and is absolutely stunning. I love the vintage look and everything about it is in great condition.

That said, I am in NYC, how practical is it for me to push around this massive piece of furniture, not to mention lack of space in the apt and I would probably want to get the cushions replaced anyway, but that shouldnt be a big deal.

Am I being silly for refusing it? It is absolutely beautiful but designed for another time. Or should I give it a shot? This thing is a freaking tank!

2. surprisedmama

surprisedmama Well-Known Member

I had to Google to see what it was, but holy cow, that thing is a tank! I'd like to climb in and take a nap!

Seems like it would be next to impossible to push around NYC, and like you said, you don't really have the space for it.

Sounds beautiful, but I'd pass too without hesitation.

3. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

It is so gorgeous that I don't think I could turn it down!

4. J.D.

J.D. Well-Known Member

I remember those! Um, if you're living in such a way that you don't require the subway or other public transport, I'd say sure. Otherwise, I'd probably opt for something else (and maybe borrow the Balmoral for a photo shoot?).

My work colleague spent a small fortune on a classic styled pram a couple years ago and she's offered it, but I just can't imagine lugging it around. We bought a nice M&P used Ziko Herbie today for cheap, but I might take her up on the pram briefly while my mother is visiting. She'd enjoy pushing around something that insane. lol

5. TMonster

TMonster Well-Known Member

That thing is such a tank that I am convinced if it were hit by a car, the car would be the one taking the brunt of the damage!

Ough its so beautiful but man, I would need to give up my couch for that thing and I am not even sure it would fit through my front door.

6. Bonnie11

Bonnie11 Where's the Stork?

Oh they are so beautiful!! My friends parents have one of those from the 80's and it is beautiful. I would love it but its just so impractical. We considered it but we would never get it on public transport or in the car so could only use it for walking around near us. Plus I don't even know if it would fit through shop doors etc, and like you said it's a big thing to store in your house. I think it's lovely but you definately would end up with another pram as well as the practicalities of getting about with it just wouldn't work. If you have the room for it then you could keep it just for when you are going out for a walk but I can't see it being a full time pram which is sad because its so pretty!

7. Foxy37

Foxy37 Well-Known Member

could you use it at parents house as they are amazing for babys to sleep in xx