• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Silver cross freeway

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I'm buying one of these tomorrow 2nd hand in brill condition. Just wandering if anyone has/ has had one of these?

We've got one! Generally it is fab because:
- really comfy as a pram
- good to push, baby sleeps really well even on bumpy ground
- well made
- large size makes it great when they get big
- we always had it parent facing
- old ladies like to see 'a proper looking pram' as they tell me

Bad points
- it is huge. I've got a big car so it works. It is rubbish on public transport and shops!
- straps for when LO wants to sit up are rubbish. I used toddler reigns on the side clips.
Storing is an issue.

I do love it despite its bulk.

Ahh I really hope it fits in my boot or we won't be able to buy it. What do you mean by the straps are rubbish? Are they not safe? x

^WSS. I love my pram, Lo is 9 mo and I still use it nearly everyday. I have a lightweight stroller for shopping trips and if I need more space in the car but only use it occasionally. I love how comfy Lo looks when sitting in it, and he was so warm last winter when it was really cold. When he was smaller we used it a lot for daytime naps.

The straps somehow dont allow the child to move when in pushchair mode - it just pins them back. I think they are too short. I got a cheap set of reigns and there are hooks to secure them to. Dd1 loved it like this as she could wriggle about without escaping.

Ahh right I think I get what you mean (sorry if I'm being thick!) so the straps on the pushchair are safe but restricted?

I love mine :) it's the comfiest pram for LO I've found. I have an estate car and it fits really easy in it. I'm gutted I have to get rid of mine as I need a double pram :(

I have one too and its brill. Its so easy to use, the pram part is nice and big and looks and feels so comfy. Perfect for a newborn. The stroller part for when they are older is good too as you can still choose to have it parent facing if you wish.
The bit underneath for bits is large and fit alot unlike other prams.
We went to Mother care and they took it to our car to make sure it fitted in the boot first before we bought it so you can always try that. I have a Golf and it only just fits.
It is big when folded and abit heavy, also not easy to manoeuvre one handed (wheels have a mind of their own or I need more practice lol) but those are the only 2 downsides in my opinion.

I have one, also purchased secondhand. I love it. It is huge though. It barely fit in my Audi A4, but now I have a Mazda 5 and I'm sure it will fit. I don't use it often, because we use the carrier most often, but when I do use it, I love it.

LO is still young and needs support sitting, so the short straps work great. In fact, I have to shorten them up to hold him in when we sit up. He can still lay down and nap flat even at 6 months in the carrycot style.

I get lots of compliments on it, people have called it a "Cadillac" stroller here, they are not common here.

Aww good I can't wait to get it now! I'm buying it 2nd hand Helen, the lady is bringing it tomorrow morning so I can try it in my boot. I just really hope I can squeeze it in. Thomas isn't sitting up himself yet so I think the straps should be okay :) I'm paying £45 including the car seat which has only been used a couple of times. Bargain!

3 years on and mine is still going strong. It does prevent LO from sitting bolt upright but now Niamh is old enough to know not to climb out I just fasten the straps around get waist so she doesent fall out.

I have a corsa and it just fits. I make sure the front wheels are locked in the position so they don't stick out. Also the handle needs folded in a certain direction. It took a bit of practice but I get it in and out the car no problem now. Fab pram, so glad we got it. You are getting it for an amazing price!! Let us know how you get on.

I've got it! Just managed to fit it in my boot and the carrycot/pushchair part needs to go on the back seat but I can live with that! I'm so made up with it! Got the car seat too and it's only been used once to bring baby home from hospital. I'm a bit dubious about using 2nd hand car seats but you can tell it's not been used.

One very happy mummy :D

That is definitely an absolute bargain of the century!

I just got a second hand one of these today. It's lovely. It's so nice to push and it looks so comfy :D

Can I ask how you managed to fit it in a corsa Biglebowski? I tried today but could not make it fit? We had to put the frame in the back seat of the car! Do you put in flat down or on its side? I thought id tried everything :haha:

I just got a second hand one of these today. It's lovely. It's so nice to push and it looks so comfy :D

Can I ask how you managed to fit it in a corsa Biglebowski? I tried today but could not make it fit? We had to put the frame in the back seat of the car! Do you put in flat down or on its side? I thought id tried everything :haha:

I make sure the front wheels are locked so they are tucked in. I also adjust the handle so its tucked right in. I put the frame in first, and make sure I lift it straight up and lower it down into the boot against the back seat. The silver cross logo on the side of the frame has to be right side up. The base has to be in a flat position, the hood facing into the frame. Sorry I'm not the best at describing it. I really struggled to start with but just practiced a bit and its no prob now.

What a fab deal! I thought I got a good deal, I paid $100 for mine (well...MIL paid $100 for it...) which is about £62, but no carseat!

But considering the odds of someone in more rural Arkansas having a silvercross? That was lucky for me. Still don't know where they got it, it has a sticker from a shop (which I don't believe exists anymore) in New Jersey, but did they go that far for a stroller? Was it shipped? a gift? Because they didn't seem to realize the full retail value of it....

I make sure the front wheels are locked so they are tucked in. I also adjust the handle so its tucked right in. I put the frame in first, and make sure I lift it straight up and lower it down into the boot against the back seat. The silver cross logo on the side of the frame has to be right side up. The base has to be in a flat position, the hood facing into the frame. Sorry I'm not the best at describing it. I really struggled to start with but just practiced a bit and its no prob now.

Thank you. Can't wait for my OH to bring the car home so I can try and get this bad boy in it :haha:

Thank you. Can't wait for my OH to bring the car home so I can try and get this bad boy in it :haha:

Let me know how you get on. Id take a photo and show you but I can't upload photos from my phone for some reason?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"