Silver Viscount Model 1008 High Quality Sewing Machine, any good?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Im hoping to get a sewing machine for xmas but do not know which one would be best for a total novice like me.

Also, Im very keen on making baby trousers and am looking for a sewing pattern, if anyone can advise that would be fab x

Silver viscount machines are absolutely fab, mine is a different model but this one looks like it would have all you need and for the price i've seen it at you can't go wrong. As for patterns have you seen this site?

https://www.sewessential.co.uk/CategoryTree.asp?CategoryID=1235

their site is a bit 90s looking lol but they have the largest selection of sewing patterns in the UK I have seen online. My mum swears by the McCalls patterns (and I've spotted they even do a mei tai pattern these days!) xx

Silver viscount machines are absolutely fab, mine is a different model but this one looks like it would have all you need and for the price i've seen it at you can't go wrong. As for patterns have you seen this site?

https://www.sewessential.co.uk/CategoryTree.asp?CategoryID=1235

their site is a bit 90s looking lol but they have the largest selection of sewing patterns in the UK I have seen online. My mum swears by the McCalls patterns (and I've spotted they even do a mei tai pattern these days!) xx

Thank you! I believe I saw your recommendations in a thread re this model but wasnt sure re price.

No probs, let me know how you get on xx

Thanks, managed to wangle this for my bday in a few weeks, im a complete beginner so may take you up on that. i dont even know how to thread a sewing machine!

Its easy to set up, yep, the instructions are a bit vague in parts (at least on my model, may be different to yours) but once you get going they are totally foolproof-my instruction book even tells the ideal tension and stitch size setting for each stitch-my old one didn't and I could never get most of the stitches to work. My OH's friend came over the other day and his daughter tore a massive rip in the back of her schooldress and asked if I could fix it, in less than 5 minutes I was able to set up the machine, sew it, zig zag over it and give it back-OHs friend used to be a tailor himself but was very impressed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->