single and homebirthing?

PinkyPonk

Evie & Connies mummy <3
Reaction score
bit worried my daughter was a pretty quick birth so I fear I won't make it to the birthing center cos its quite far away, and my dad might not be around to give me a lift, he wasn't last time and you know what babies are like they always come at the worst time.

my only worry is how long does it take to set up a pool, i cant give birth without my pool its the best pain relief ever!
but i cant blow it up early cos i havea cat who enjoys clawing the crap out of everything.
any advice?
dont know where to get started :dohh:

You might want to take the money to invest in an electric pump for your birth pool. That way you don't have to blow it up while you are in labor, and they fill it pretty quick. HTH! :flower:

Have you thought about a doula? I've supported a lovely single mum at her home birth and I did all the setting up, organising and clearing away so she could get on with the business of giving birth and then bonding with her baby :cloud9: if you think it might be financially difficult you can apply to the Doula UK hardship fund x

Or even if not a Doula, then a good friend, who could maybe be your birthing partner? Do you have any close friends you could rely on to help you with the practical stuff at least who are near you or would be willing to come and stay with you? I know it's a hard thing to ask someone but I think most would be honoured to be involved.

didn't know they did electric pumps :dohh:

doula alot of people have mentioned but I googled and I really don't think I could afford it :dohh:

Close friends, all of them have kids and the ones that don't are popping all around me right now :haha:

Apply to the hardship fund you may be eligible for a free doula x

Maybe if you have a bathtub that could be your plan B. It's not as luxurious as a birth pool but it could fill up pretty quick if your labor is going fast and you don't have time to set up the birthing pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->