Single moms?

LilMama2be

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
Is your baby's dad involved in your baby's life?
or is he going to be?

My boyfriend and I recently broke up, and I have no idea if he'll be involved.
If he's not, I wont be angry or upset, maybe the baby's life is better off with people who care about it?

Well my guy left me when I was 5 weeks, hasn't talked to me, or anything, I'm 32 weeks now and still nothing. I really don't mind that he won't be there. I don't even plan on putting him on the birth certificate and already decided our daughter would have my last name.

Me and my boyfriend of two years, split up when I found out I was pregnant due to the amount of arguements and stress. But for the last 2/3 weeks, we have been talking and trying to sort something out and try again, After all he is my babys dad. So I'm hoping he'll be there for me and our baby.

Not neccesairly, (sp?) a baby isnt always better off with two parents there. It depends on your circumstances and things, But just because your not together doesnt mean he shouldnt be a dad.
X

A single mommy too here!

You have a section Single parents on the forum where you can lash out and rant whatever you need :D

My friend is a single mum and her ex-boyfriend is just a fortnightly weekend dad. It's good that the dad is still a part of their daughter's life but as long as the child feels loved they should be ok.

im going to be a single mum, i have no clue if the father will have anything to do with the baby. i hope he does for the childs sake.

Well my guy left me when I was 5 weeks, hasn't talked to me, or anything, I'm 32 weeks now and still nothing. I really don't mind that he won't be there. I don't even plan on putting him on the birth certificate and already decided our daughter would have my last name.

i was planning on doing the same, with the birth certificate.
But, when my ex gets out of his rehab place (he's already clean he's just trying to stay clean and have a place to stay because his parents died so he has no place to go anymore.)
He might want to be involved, i'm not sure. I'll probably put unknown and if he wants to be a part of his/her life then he can, but it'll be up to him to initiate it.

I refuse to put my ex down, when a baby is brought into a situation its no longer about you, he can't expect the baby to stay in till he is ready, if he's too messed up to be there, your better off without him. if he comes around, don't run out and put him down, make him prove himself, some guys will come around one minute and not be apart the next

im going to be a single mum.
my b.f finished because as he says he was not happy and he told me to get rid ov it.
he just says no give him few months to see if he wants anything to do with baby.
boys are pigs!!!!!

Well the bio-dad isn't gonna be in his life, but my partner plans on adopting LO when he's born. You're right, the baby's most definitely better off with people that care about it, and I'm sure he'll have more than enough love from you :) he can still be brought up around a father figure, there's always a chance of you meeting someone who'll support you and your baby and treat them like their own, just keep an open mind and don't listen to them nasty people that tend to interfere. Best of luck hun!

Im going to be a single mum also, the dad will be involved and so wil his family!
At first he wasnt interested but that was just shock, he wants a dna test as we weren together at the time which i said fair enough to, so once that sorted then ill do birth certificate with him on it!

im 19 and pregnant with my 1st baby im engaged to the father and we r both over the moon about the baby but hes changed since i have been pregnant hes controlling n we have been fighting alot..i dont see myself being with him when the baby is born but i think il b fine on my own..

Im going to be a single mom. My bf/fob left me at 3months pregnant and continues to play games but i could only hope he will be there for our son who is due in march 2009. but if not then my family will be there regardless

I don't disagree with not putting him on the BC if he isn't going to be involved.

Eventually you'll meet a man who WANTS to be involved, and who would be willing to be the baby's father (daddy). If you haven't named the bio father, you don't have to seek a termination of his rights in order to have your soul mate adopt your baby. If you are sure that the bio dad is NOT going to be involved - then set up your life to not have to deal with him for the rest of it.

(sorry, the stepmother in me comes out at times. I know too many gals who have deadbeat fathers for their babies, but have to deal with these uninvolved jerks on a regular basis - and all these men do is try to control the women.)

I think I'm babbling.

Im goin to be a single mum too as the dad wants absolutely nothing to do wit the baby or me... he ran a mile wen he found out...i live in the sme town as him nd havent seen him since i told him... i think he has moved or avoids me wen he sees me.... i have stopped waiting for him to come round... nd he aint gettin his name on the birth certificate either.... i also found out that he was still wit his ex wen i fell pregnant... dunno if she knows im havin his child as havent heard anything. he wanted me to get rid of it... he sed that if i did we wud get bak so i told him to fuck off!

me and my boyfriend split, but i still see him on a regular basis. I don't know if i want him to be involved because he was horrible to me when we broke up. To bring another life into the argument may be quite damaging, so i would prefer for him to stay away. That might be selfish, but at the moment that's how i feel! My view might change as i enter the third trimester. who knows!

I too am going to become a single mum.
The dad wants nothing to do with baby or me and he was abusive to me in the past so I know we will both be better without him!
There's no way he's going on the birth certificate, I wouldn't ever want him to have equal parental rights but I'm still going to contact the CSA, he's hurt me enough to ever have the chance to hurt me again.
We single mums and mummys-to-be need to be strong, not just for our child/children but for ourselves, good luck to all of you :)

Im unsure at this point.
I was with the fob for almost 3 years & we split up at the begginer of the year (but obviously still doin the dirty deed!!!)
At the moment were not talking because i cant handle his shit. Although he has stated that he will be around 100% & hasnt missed an appointment since, I trust his word but im pretty sure he has bi-polar (does anyone know if this runs in the family ? as his mum has it...) so im goin into this thinking as a single mum incase he flips. Whatever happens happens.
ALthough he is interested in another girl (who is absolutely repulsive!) & im starting to see another guy so there isnt a chance of getting back together at this stage.
We have discussed trying again down the track for the babys sake but i dnt know what the future holds...
He has stated that he will be in the babys life every second & will be here for support & comfort 100%

Single parenting is hard, My mum went threough it with me & my 2 sisters.
I dont have a doubt in my mind that i can do & neither should anyone else here.
Men can be pigs...
Were the stronger sex, Always will be. If your baby's dad's doesnt want to be in your childs life then they obviously dont deserve the right to be.

I don't disagree with not putting him on the BC if he isn't going to be involved.

Eventually you'll meet a man who WANTS to be involved, and who would be willing to be the baby's father (daddy). If you haven't named the bio father, you don't have to seek a termination of his rights in order to have your soul mate adopt your baby. If you are sure that the bio dad is NOT going to be involved - then set up your life to not have to deal with him for the rest of it.

(sorry, the stepmother in me comes out at times. I know too many gals who have deadbeat fathers for their babies, but have to deal with these uninvolved jerks on a regular basis - and all these men do is try to control the women.)

I think I'm babbling.

Thats what I'm doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"