Single mum and pregnant

UnicornGirl

Reaction score
So, I have an eight year old daughter who is my world. Her dad sees her intermittently, maybe 1-2 times a month. We seperated when she was one. I’ve just found out I’m 4 weeks pregnant. I’m not with the father (no judgement please or I’ll have to delete this thread as I’ve been emotional enough all weekend as it is) and he doesn’t know yet. I will tell him, but I really don’t know how he’s going to react. I have to assume I’m doing this alone. He’s not an asshole, he’s actually a good friend. We went on a date and slept together. He struggled with the fact he’s not over his ex, was honest with me and I told him I’m happy to just be his friend if that’s what he needs. So I don’t think he’s going to be thrilled. I’ve been on this pill for six years and I’m not naive enough to think that it doesn’t fail sometimes but I think I’m still in a bit of shock. I guess I need some reassurance that I can do this and maybe some advice on telling him because I don’t think I have ever been through anything so nervewracking in my whole life.

Thanks for reading if you got this far

First things first - Congratulations UnicornGirl! It may not be the way you'd have liked to add to your family but my mum always told me that babies come at the right time for them no matter how much you try to have (or not have) them!
Can you do this on your own? Yes, of course you can, and if your 8 year old is anything like mine you'll be far from alone - my DS would love me to have a baby, and I can tell you now that I'd need to fight him to stop him taking over.
Look, it would be lovely if your friendship can survive this, your friend may well be happy to co-parent if he doesn't feel he's being forced into it. Let him know that you'd love him to be as involved as he'd like to be but that you're not looking for a relationship and you're not looking to exclude him. I'm a single mum by choice so I really can't give you advice on what to do about your relationship, they never were my strong point, but I can reassure you that you will be fine, even if it's a bit sticky at the start. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->