Single Mum at 29 weeks

Mummy2Be1991

Reaction score
Hiya everyone im 19 years old and coming up to my 29th week of pregnancy! I am a single mum which is very daunting just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat as me with any advice they can give me to make it a little easier! Thank u :baby: x

Hi, not in same position but just wanted to say hi :flower:

Hey
not in the same position but my OH is always working so generally me or my mum have Joey :)

Hi :)

With my first son I was a single mom, Only advice I can give is let your mother be your best friend, I never got along with mine until I found out I was pregnant at 17. After that we are so close she is my number 1 support system. Even tho I'm married now she and my son are very close We actually share joint custody of him, Because if anything ever happened to me I would never want him going to his father. Another thing is ask for help or if someone offers take it being young and a single mom I found it so much harder.

Me :wave:

No advice as I haven't done it yet, just be prepared for every other pregnant person you meet being in a couple (I wrongly assumed that the growing yoga class or antenatal classes might have one or two in them but apparently not)!

Me too! I'm 22 and equally haven't actually started being it yet :p

Come join us in the single parents forum, under the parenting section. Lots of us in the same kinds of situation and lots of advice if you need it, if not just have a nose ;-) xx

I'm 27 weeks and have been single since about 14 weeks .

Honestly - my best advice would let your mom be your best friend . Me and my mom had no relationship and had nooo positive communication for 2 years - until i found out i was pregnant and since then our relationship has gone up hill .

:hugs: GOOD LUCK !

Awww, just stay strong dear! Things will have ups and downs, but if you keep a clear head you should be just fine! If you need someone to talk to you can pm me any time:)

I think the ladies here have said it all.

I was a single mother with my first baby at 19 years old. I was very close with my mother and sister. They were my support system, and got me through so much!

It's hard to juggle being young and being a mom. Finding the balance is important!!!

I'm a single mamma I'm fortunate as I have a 5 year old boy (who is terribly excited and helpful) and am having my second (a girl) in 3 weeks, her dad is sadly an alcoholic so will not be having anything to do with her unless he can change his ways - but we are not together and will not ever be again. I will take each day as it comes and I know my mum is there for me. I'm a little worried about how I will cope - but we women always find away! Good luck with everything - if you want to talk ever just drop me a line. :) x

Thanks for all ur advice guys! The dad is still around for the baby which makes it even harder sometimes! I wouldnt change anything for the world though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->