Single or double pram for newborn and toddler?

christina1612

Reaction score
Hi all

Thinking about this a bit early I know, but I had a thought today that maybe I might need a double rather than a single and a buggy board. My boy will be 2 and 4 months when baby is due, so I know a buggy board will probably be ok, but then what does everyone do with regards to bad weather? I'm worried about my toddler getting soaked if we walk. I can drove but don't have a car atm either so lots of walking and using public transport. Any advice would be greatly received.

My DD will be 2 and a half and I'm not planning on getting a double as she hates the pushchair and wants to walk everywhere. We are just going to get a buggy board. We wouldn't be going for walks if it was bad weather and if we wanted to go to town then I'd have to drive there anyway so it wouldn't be so bad!

Although - if I see a really cheap double on my local Facebook selling page I might get it for those just in case moments!

My 4 yo walks everywhere now, but for my then 2 yo and the baby I'm looking at the Graco Ready 2 Grow. It has multiple seating options.

My oldest was 2 and 1/2 when we had our baby and I still brought a tandem buggy. I like to walk as much as possible so even though ds1 can walk pretty far, walking into town then around and home again would be too much. I've purposely only went for a cheap one but I've definitely had my use out of it.

Double definitely! Toddlers get tired, sick, and quite frankly don't always stay where they're supposed to!

Have a look at the
Joovy caboose, it's fab! I couldn't have lived without it when I had my second x

My DD will be 2 and a half and I'm not planning on getting a double as she hates the pushchair and wants to walk everywhere. We are just going to get a buggy board. We wouldn't be going for walks if it was bad weather and if we wanted to go to town then I'd have to drive there anyway so it wouldn't be so bad!

Exactly this... although we'll see what happens when the time comes!

Thanks yeah i suppose we wont be walking in the rain much, well not deliberately anyway lol that joovy caboose looks awesome though!

I think I plan on wearing tiny bub in a sling & DS having the option of buggy, board or walking & then eventually moving towards having DS walk while tiny bub is either in the sling or pram/buggy.
I might eat my words tho lol

I'm pregnant with my second also. The baby is due when my first will be going on 29 months. I'm not sure how I want to do things either. I'll likely be using a carrier (My Baby Nest or a ring-sling) for my newborn though. I figure I'll wait until the baby is born and see what reality brings, before I buy anything. I'll try with what I have and buy more if I find it necessary.

I would go a double at that age. Even my daughter who likes to walk a lot still got very tired at that age. She's 3.5 now and still sits in the double stroller, i guess now we could probably have 1 seat and a board but when she was closer to the 2 age definitely needed to be 2 seats.

Im undecided too. Just because my daughter has two speeds. Stop and run fast.
she cant seems to walk next to us at all and it's like "freeeeeddooomm" every time we go out lol. We go out a lot so its not like shes not used to it, shes just sooo independent and majority of the time won't even hold hands.
when we are somewhere busy it becomes a problem. We tried reins but she doesn't like them. We have an umbrella pushchair for her and she actually likes sitting in there about 70% of the time.
Its just she will be 2yrs 9 months when second baby is here and maybe she'll be better at walking by then? I'm not sure. I thought if a buggy board instead but I guarantee she will get off and not stay on it for long at all. Plus, in dec, jan, feb the weather is still quite cold and I will feel sorry for her having to go on a board while her brother is nice and cosy in his pram, is that silly lol.
I am going to wait until baby is born and then see what kind of pram we will need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"