Single Person Food Shopping

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Right when I start doing my food shop it will only be me i'm buying for so what do I as, a single person buy for dinner??

I can't cook at all so i'm not up for making stuff then freezing it to last so needs to be simple!

Thanks!!

Frozen lasagnas, chicken breasts (you can poor Italian dressing over them and bake them, really good and simple)

Is it wrong to admit I don't know how to cook chicken :blush:

I can do microwave lasagna though :D

I buy only for myself.

And it's mostly fruit,some nice snacks..you can always do some simple stuff to cook,start with green peas and so,you'll slowly start to learn.
Pasta is every girls friend! :lol:

Although I rarely eat at all,I just buy coffee in a bulk and leave the store a happy camper.:D

You can buy the boneless chicken breast, pour Italian dressing over it, cook it at 350 degrees for an hour or so (until it's white all the way through and the liquid runs clear when you press on it)

Why have I got images of me going to the shops & leaving with alot of ice cream & chocolate :blush:

how about ready made foods, asda does them! All you need to do is just put them in microwave! pizza as well! xxx

Oh yeah and I'm in Canada so my oven degrees aren't in Celsius :rofl: just in case

beans/toast~cheese/toast~ jacket potatoes with cheese or beans/ coleslaw~salads~soup~ready meals~go into your butcher and get 1 portion mince/stew and make spag bol or stew/veg~toasted sandwiches

Buy big combo packs of things like steak and chicken breast and when you get home, put them in individual bags and freeze them like that. My main staple meal was chicken cooked in the oven with bbq sauce on it for like the last 2-3 minutes + salad. Also, buy things you can make half the pack of...like INSTANT POTATOES! Yummmmmmmmm instant potatoes :rofl: Other than that, make sure you have loads of fruit and picky things in case you dont want to cook

If you buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts its easy to just thaw one out a night and make a nice salad make a pan of rice or potatoes that you can make and store. Speghetti is really easy and can last awhile, all sorts of pasta. They usually have sauce packets and you can have like 10 different kinds of pasta and they usually have chicken marinade...and you can have a lot of different chicken!! When my OH is deployed its like being single again... so I've learned to make do. If you need any recipes PM me I have tons for one that are super easy! good luck!

Kelly there's a recipe book called "The Girl Can't Cook" haha...you should look into it

i used to get the microwave meals when i lived on my own as they was quick and simple, i know how to cook i just dont like it,

Also brought loads of fruit and yoghurts too. no chocolate though!!!! :rofl::rofl::happydance:

Jacket potatos!! Cant go wrong and fill em up with whatever you fancy - chuck oven one 200 and whack em in for an hour.

Stir frys , Grab chicken breast , cut in slices , chuck in wok , cook till its no more pink in the middle ( cut a strip to see ) add sauce and noodles.. done!

Or you can just by meals where you put in the oven , it tells you on the pack what to do aswell. So cant go wrong ;)

Hun, go to Iceland. Apparently they have loads of foods that can be cooked rom frozen - like chicken strips. All you have to do is chuck them in a frying pan with some veggies and serve them with rice. A nice quick stir fry!! Seriously though - have a look coz they're dead cheap too!!

the only problem with those go cook ranges things that are done for u is that they are realy expensive!
I used to eat a lot of pasta as a student living in a shared house, cos u can do loads with it. heres are some cheap and easy meas i sometimes cook

pasta with

tuna mayo and onion
roasted veg (frozen in a bag)
stir in sauces

Jacket pots

cheese and bacon
coldslaw
beans
tin of curry

stirfys from a packet
fry bentos pie, tin pots and steam veg (frozen goes in micro)
ham, parsey sauce (packet) and tinned peas and smash.

I used to buy tin pots (dont go off and are only 30p or so), packet steam veg from freezer.

let me know if u want any more ideas etc xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"