• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sinus infection - worth going to doc?

nixm

Reaction score
So I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection! I am a bit scared that it is progressing and will turn into bronchitis as all of the excess mucus is running down my throat (sorry for tmi). I have started coughing a little bit. Is there anything a doc can do? Should I just wait it out. I don't have a fever. I have been drinking lemon, ginger and honey 'tea'. I just put the fresh ingredients in some boiling water. I have also been using a saline rinse and a homeopathic nose spray for sinusitis. Nothing is helping. I am going to the physiotherapist tomorrow as my neck is extremely stiff and I know that also contributes to sinusitis.

I suppose it may be worth going to a doctor if nothing seems to be helping. The least the doctor could do for you is tell you whether or not you need to just give it time or take something if the infection appears to be bad enough to justify it. Feel better soon.

Hugs hun could it be rhinitis of pregnancy rather then an infection? I had similar symptoms when I first got pregnant my nose felt really blocked and it was constantly trickling down my throat. I thought it was lingering after a cold I had but after a couple of weeks and no sign on it going I googled and found it was rhinitis of pregnancy. 6 weeks on it's a lot better although I cannot breath through my nose properly it feels like I'm not getting enough air when I breath through it. X

No I am quite sure it's an infection ad my glands are starting to swell. :( feeling soooo crap!

I am dealing with a sinus infection right now. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow anyways so just going to bring it up then. If you're feeling absolutely terrible then just make an appointment :)

Go to Dr hun ive just had this they can give you a spray works really quick too :)

I went to the doctor at 5 weeks for a sinus infection. I dealt with it for weeks before going, but couldn't deal any longer. They gave me a pregnancy safe antibiotic and I was much better

I started getting a sinus infection the same time I got my :bfp:. Actually, part of the reason I tested was to make sure my temperature spike was because of an infection and not pregnancy (I was planning on going back on BC). I got my :bfp: and a lovely sinus infection/chest cold with it for Christmas. I didn't see a doctor and was sure to get as much rest as possible (luckily it was the holidays and I had time off work) as well as sip on warm chicken broth, eat well and drink plenty of fluids. It lasted less than a week. Hope you feel better!

Oh no hugs hopefully your doctor can give you something to clear it up then hun. x

Yes, def worth the dr trip hun. I get sinus infec 5-6 times per year. I got one when I was almost 5wks along with this preg. Sometimes it wont clear up without antibiotics. Generally the rule is if your symptoms have been going on for 2 wks or more then it is probably bacterial (rather than viral) and needs an antibiotic to clear up. I was sooo miserable that I didnt wait for my new ins to become active and paid 300$ out of pocket to go to the walk in clinic. Gave me keflex and I felt better within days. Worth it. Feel better hun xx

Thanks everyone. I haven't been to the doc but after the physio session yesterday I felt a bit better. I am quite sure it isn't bacterial as there is no yellow/green mucus. I had 8 sinus infections last year so I am a bit sick of antibiotics. I actually got an allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics I was on many time before so I think my body is also done with antibiotics. Think I will wait it out for a couple more days. Don't think it's been 2 weeks yet - almost there :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"