sippy cup?

luckyme225

Reaction score
I was told by some health care providers it's a good time to introduce a sippy cup and the best way to do so is to start with water because if it spills on the carpet it's no big deal. My question is should I use tap water, boiled then cooled water, or use the water from my PUR water filter.

My HV said not to start sippy cups until there at least 10 months to 1 YO

She said its due to the flow of the teets on them , most babies can control them so they choke ..

as for the water I offer it in his newborn bottles so it comes out slower since its thinner I give him the water from my PUR water filter also :)

Kaya started using one recently, but she hates water so I give her watered down apple juice.

Dec started his sippy at 4 months, my HV advised started the sippy between 4-6 months and the dentist I work with said the sooner the better. I started Dec with watered down apple juice, or now and again I would give him the little bottles of baby juice you can buy in tescos they are from 4 months so you dont need to water them down, but I did. To answer your question any time I gave Dec water I always gave him cooled boiled water, not to sure about giving tap water.

Aaron started using his sippy cup at about 5 months and quickly learned how to hold it himself. I gave him cooled boiled water for about 4 weeks then switched to tap water as our water supply is pretty good. He does occasionally splutter on the flow but he loves drinking from it (and banging it around and splashing water everywhere!).

I've started introducing a sippy cup to Colton. So far I've tried two different kinds and he hasn't really taken to either. One was a trainer cup with a soft spout, but he had to bite it (not suck on it) to get the juice out and he's didn't understand. The second was just a regular cheap hard spout sippy cup but now he tries to bite that one, and wont suck it! :dohh:

I've also been trying to introduce Erica to a sippy cup for about a month now.. I'd do either cooled boiled water or your PUR filter. Usually now that she is a little older I give her water from our filter too.

One thing I can def recommend tho is trying the BornFree sippy cups! We use Dr. Brown and BornFree bottles, but I figured since it was a sippy cup, it didn't matter as much :)dohh:) and tried her on the Playtex sippy cups with the hard spout. She kinda got the hang of it, and would try for a couple mins at a time, but never really was comfortable with it. I bought some BornFree cups, and she does great! The spout is soft and she likes that much better. She drank a whole cup full of water in it yesterday while on our walk. She even holds it herself!!

I've also been trying to introduce Erica to a sippy cup for about a month now.. I'd do either cooled boiled water or your PUR filter. Usually now that she is a little older I give her water from our filter too.

One thing I can def recommend tho is trying the BornFree sippy cups! We use Dr. Brown and BornFree bottles, but I figured since it was a sippy cup, it didn't matter as much :)dohh:) and tried her on the Playtex sippy cups with the hard spout. She kinda got the hang of it, and would try for a couple mins at a time, but never really was comfortable with it. I bought some BornFree cups, and she does great! The spout is soft and she likes that much better. She drank a whole cup full of water in it yesterday while on our walk. She even holds it herself!!

Awesome, I will have to stop by Target or babies'r'us and see if they have them.

Target here doesn't carry them but Babies R Us does. Also Whole Foods Market carries them if you have one up there. =)

Target here doesn't carry them but Babies R Us does. Also Whole Foods Market carries them if you have one up there. =)

aww yes, the lovely whole foods where I love to spend all of my money when I'm on break at work. I have one of those :) I'll have to keep a look out when I go to pick up my peanut butter and jam!

Ok looks like i need a new HV lol mabey Ill try max on Sippy cup then and see what he thinks of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->