sir poo a lot...?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
My 5 week old is EBF and his pooing pattern varies; it can be anything from once a day; to skipping a day or two; to 3-4 times a day (this is most usual for him); and sometimes he starts going during every feed. For the past week or so he has been pooing at the start of every feed and sometimes just after a feed as well so in total up to 12 poos a day, its normal poo, bright yellow doesn't smell off or anything but he is naturally starting to get a sore bum because the sudocreme just doesn't stay on long enough to work properly. He has gone through 32 nappies in about 4 days. I'm not eating or drinking anything different and he seems fine but I'm worried about the rash and it possibly getting worse or infected...?

My LO is like this, literally poo's every 45 mins or so - i never open a nappy and not find poo! in her case allergies are causing it to also be super mucusy and acidic and her poor bum looks almost scalded :sad1:

I find an olive oil based cream (eco store brand) works better than sudocreme, that and lots of nappy free (towel wrapped round her bum) time

Sudocreme is crap IMO :smug: (ok, thats a little much, It agrees with some, but DEFO NOT for amari!)
We use metanium, Its the closest to the docs timodime we could get and works like a charm everytime!

The pooing frequency is normal, Ride it out and in a few dasy you will wonder why hes stopped :haha:

Hi

Thanks, tried metanium but doesn't agree with him, it seems to dry his skin out too much. Sudocrem isn't doing much either so think I will try bepanthen and look at natural alternatives as well. It's settled down a bit today (only pooed twice since 4pm its now nearly 3am) and his poo is totally yellow and normal texture etc but obviously at that frequency it's going to cause sore bum issues. Thanks guys xx

Thomas is the same, he poos during every feed, then sometimes again after each feed. I often end up changing his nappy 3 times an hour! Before, during then after the feed. He strangely doesn't poo overnight at all, only "sharts" (leaves a smudge when he farts).

He's just today started getting two patches of nappy rash and I've been using bepanthem and it's working well, if you have that where you live. Also heaps of nappy free time kicking around on the floor, on a towel of course as he always pees or poos during.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->