Sister in law rant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Hellokitty20, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Hellokitty20

Hellokitty20 Well-Known Member

So my sister in law just found out shes pregnant. The doctor put her at 8 weeks along. She found out a week and a half ago and since then I cannot stand her! She has already announced on facebook that shes expecting, what she will be naming her baby, that she can no longer button her jeans, AND posted a "bump" pic!! And she tells me she can feel her baby moving around already, on top of that we work together and ive already had to cover 2 of her shifts because her back was just hurting so bad! Are you kidding me??? All at around 8 and a half weeks!!! I mean come on!! Not only that but I honestly think she got pregnant on purpose for attention, shes not in a serious relationship and actually broke up with her boyfriend a day after finding out she was pregnant. I think she did it for attention because everybody in DH side of the family has been so excited about our little one on the way and for once she wasnt the center of attention. She already has a 3 and a half year old that she cant take care of, my mother in law practically raises her, and all I hear about now is about how my sister in law is pregnant! Her family is not at all happy about this so its just a bunch of bitching. But honestly im upset.. It took me 18 months to get pregnant due to pcos and I was thrilled to have everyone so excited for us and to be the center of attention for a bit, and now it seems like my sil has just kinda blocked my spotlight :cry:

2. Estesbaby

Estesbaby Well-Known Member

That's awful! Bless your heart! I can't speak from much experience, but I can say I'd be pretty upset about the whole thing as well. It sounds like you're probably right about doing it for attention, considering she is already posting all that stuff on Facebook and having to take off of work. Anyone with a brain would now she can't feel the baby move yet , who does she think she's fooling? Baby barely has arms and legs right now, all she could possibly feel would be the heartbeat in that vein running down your stomach, I felt it around 7 weeks and it felt like flutters but after thinking logically for 2 seconds I knew it wasn't the baby.

I hope that you can continue to find your happiness from your baby, I imagine it's hard, but try not to let her bring you down right now. You have a beautiful baby growing inside you, remember that when you start to feel frustrated by her and maybe that will help.

Hugs!!!!

3. Lyana

Lyana Well-Known Member

That's pretty messed up. No way she's feeling baby. I don't have a sil so not much experience, but I wouldn't say she go pregnant just to get attention, but she's certainly using it to her advantage. I'm sure they're still excited for you, once the newness of her pregnancy wears off things will returns to normal. And it's not like her family is even happy about it now, her drama will get annoying real quick.
    Try to hang in there, and remember you have a beautiful baby on the way and once it's born you'll probably be overwhelmed with all the attention and wish they'd stop!

4. auntiesarah25

auntiesarah25 Well-Known Member

Sadly that sounds like something one of my sisters would do. I know the better thing to do is just smile and be happy for her, nod and so on but the side of me that would be frustrated would want to yell at her that she can't feel the baby move yet and call bull on her back and so on. Just hang in there and I'm sure her excitement will quickly turn to complaining and hopefully someone else will call her bull and help her calm down a bit.
    Good luck!

5. SophieBey

SophieBey Well-Known Member

I personally never understood jealousy when someone else falls pregnant! I literallycried tears of happiness for a girl at work who fell pregnant after me, my sister in law is 4 wks behind me and my best friend is 4 wks behind me also and i love it. Theres no competition for a spot light when ur pregnant just be happy and love the fact ur having a child and focus on that and urself! Having a baby is the most amazig thing but the last thing im thinkinf about is my spotlight or attention - i guess everyones different but i dont think u can judge her for falling pregnant. She may not be in a perfect situation but I dont believe anyone is. Just focus on u and ur bub and block out anything else :)

6. sillysapling

sillysapling Parent of 1

That sounds horrible. :( We were concerned that my BIL would do this- he's basically done things like this my partner's entire life. I'm really worried that if BIL ever has kids, MIL and FIL will completely forget that our kid/s exist.

Could you tell your family that you don't want to hear about her pregnancy? It's one thing for them to complain amongst themselves- but they shouldn't be loading that stress on your shoulders!

What happens if you refuse to cover her shifts? If nothing else, somebody else should be able to pick up the slack- someone who's not 24 weeks pregnant!

7. cb1

cb1 Well-Known Member

Next time she says she can feel the baby, tell her it's probably wind!!

8. lulasmummy

lulasmummy mummy to two princesses

Imagine if she had a scan and was 20 weeks! Lol
    And work was very hard for me from early on to be fair, not everyone blooms you know!

9. sharan

sharan Mummy to 1

I was also going to say I found early pregnancy really difficult and have with all my pregnancies. I ended up having to take 5 weeks off work due to severe sickness. I did and still do suffer from bad backaches.

So not everyone will feel the same in pregnancy. But that being said feeling baby move at 8 weeks is more than likely to be wind/gas.

10. girlnboots

girlnboots Mother to 4 furbabies

What is it about in-laws that just makes them so annoying? The bad thing is that it's probably only going to get worse. I bet your sil will go from excitedly talking about her baby to reminding everyone she's pregnant. Like you could forget!

11. krys

krys Madi's Mommy

Some people just like to announce early. I would be annoyed if I was having to cover her shifts though, you're further along and I'm sure you're feeling plenty of your own pains. Pretty sure she isn't feeling movement either, her baby is the size of a raspberry....