sit down or stand up sandpit?

Gemma Simone

Reaction score
Just wondering whether people thought a sit down, on the ground sand pit was better or one of those stand up table ones? thanks xx

I'm gettin Liam a sit down one for christmas so that he can have a decent amount of sand in it, also with LO2 on the way in a few years they can both play together in it rather than arguing over a table. (They'll probz still argue anyway though lmao)

I'm getting DS one on a stand so we don't end up with cats mistaking it for a litter tray, hehe. Although, I suppose a cover would take care of that, too...but we're also getting him a sand & water combo.

i think i would only get one with a cover for the cat poo reason. ewwww!

We got a table as we figured there would be less sand getting trailed into the house that way. If Harvey was sat in a sandpit then it would be all in his clothes and get all over the place.

I got Tom a stand up one and I'm really glad I did - he sat in his little friends big on the floor one a couple of weeks ago and the sand made the eczema on the back of his legs flare up horribly. We had to send cream into nursery for him which we've never had to do before.

we have a sand and water table and its fab. she plays for longer standing up at it than she would sitting down for some reason!

Asda do a sand pit for 15 quid which has a little step on the side for them to sit on so their feet are in the sand and bottoms arent. Also has a lid on it. Abigail can also sit on the floor next to it and still reach to play.

I got Tom a stand up one and I'm really glad I did - he sat in his little friends big on the floor one a couple of weeks ago and the sand made the eczema on the back of his legs flare up horribly. We had to send cream into nursery for him which we've never had to do before.

hmm hadn't considered this. chloe has just started suffering from eczema.

Asda do a sand pit for 15 quid which has a little step on the side for them to sit on so their feet are in the sand and bottoms arent. Also has a lid on it. Abigail can also sit on the floor next to it and still reach to play.

thanks for the post. just had a look online. did you mean £50? as i can't see one for 15.....

Bella has a table where you can put water in one half ans sand in the other, but for the amount of sand she's thrown on the floor, i'd have just as well got her a sit down one!

thanks for the post. just had a look online. did you mean £50? as i can't see one for 15.....

No def 15 quid. In the shape of a turtle.

No def 15 quid. In the shape of a turtle.

yep its def 15 ive seen it in my local asda too! looks good!

Kacie has this one Chad Valley - sand and water pit

Gotta say I love it as much as her :haha: and it's handy having the lid to act as a paddling pool thing. AND its on sale now! Bloody typcial, everything gets reduced after I buy it!!

Kacie has this one Chad Valley - sand and water pit

Gotta say I love it as much as her :haha: and it's handy having the lid to act as a paddling pool thing. AND its on sale now! Bloody typcial, everything gets reduced after I buy it!!

typical isn't it! does the lid of the sand pit stay on when its outside, say if its windy? or do you have to weight it down with something? i want something i can just leave out in the garden the whole time

Yeah I needed something for outside 24/7, we use a rock to keep the lid on :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->