Sitting unaided

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
What do you class as sitting properly??

Hebe sits fine but if I left her for say 10 mins she'd definately have fallen one way or the other or backwards!! She sits up lovely and straight but then she spots something and leans too far and she's over!! :lol:

I know for the sake of carseats it's sitting unaided for 10 mins which I dont think she's capable of yet. She can sit in a high chair because it stops her from falling but she's not slumped in it IYKWIM.

So when do you say your baby can 'officially' sit up?

:D

fin is exactly the same lisa but i still class it as sitting up.can any baby at 6 months truly sit up for 10 mins at a time without falling over at ALL? i doubt it xx

I agree! Max can sit up but always gets distracted by something, gets over confident, leans that little bit too far and PLONK hes down!!

Max is in his big boy carseat now and is the same as Hebe, he sits upright in his highchair without being slumped :happydance: He seems much more comfy in it too :)

xx

And of course girls the fact that all 3 of our kids have just finished Tolstoy's War and Peace is much more important....:winkwink:

She's loads better in the new car seat - really comfy :happydance:

x

I'm not sure :shrug: Jay can sit unaided for quite a while now (up to 30 mins) but like Hebe, if he's distracted by a toy he loses balance and plonks over on his side / back.

He won't be going into a big carseat for a while though as he's still quite dinky (18lb at his last weigh in).

xx

Hannah sat up unaided right around six months......she was pretty stable and we could leave her sitting on her own.

I classify it as I could leave her to sit and play on her own (even though in the beginning I was careful and put a pillow behind her)

i would say she can sit unaided lisa...!
It really wont be long and she will steady herself :)

i always said it was when maddi could be left without accidentally falling :lol: from 6months she could sit for a little while, but it wasn't till 7.5 she could actually sit and play! sounds like hebe's doing fab lisa :D x

I'm not sure :shrug: Jay can sit unaided for quite a while now (up to 30 mins) but like Hebe, if he's distracted by a toy he loses balance and plonks over on his side / back.

He won't be going into a big carseat for a while though as he's still quite dinky (18lb at his last weigh in).

xx

Hebe was 19lb 10oz on tueday just gone which is 9kg just so you dont think I'm flouting all the rules!!! x

Hannah sat up unaided right around six months......she was pretty stable and we could leave her sitting on her own.

I classify it as I could leave her to sit and play on her own (even though in the beginning I was careful and put a pillow behind her)

Yeah - I can leave her but I put the V pillow behind her - 9 times out of ten if I left the room she'd have toppled by the time I came back :lol:

And of course girls the fact that all 3 of our kids have just finished Tolstoy's War and Peace is much more important....:winkwink:

She's loads better in the new car seat - really comfy :happydance:

x

Lisa, Hebe and Fin scoff at War and Peace..... I believe Fin stated 'Hebe and I consider it no better than an English Heritage pamphlet...Pish, Mother, absolute pish'

Caitlin still topples over when shes walks now and then but shes still classed as walking :D

Glad shes a comfy girl in her new seat :happydance:it felt like another milestone when we moved Caitlin over x

Lisa, Hebe and Fin scoff at War and Peace..... I believe Fin stated 'Hebe and I consider it no better than an English Heritage pamphlet...Pish, Mother, absolute pish'

:rofl: :rofl:

xx

Hebe was 19lb 10oz on tueday just gone which is 9kg just so you dont think I'm flouting all the rules!!! x

logan weighed 18lb 5 wen i got him weighed erlier this week n hes just over 7 mnths, n hes in his big carseat now, n is perfectly fine and comfy. he likes it mre than his little carseat too. i wud also class sitting up wen can be left to play , logan was sitting great not long after he turned 6 mnths hed get himself onto his hands n knees then dwn to belly n then suffle if he wanted something lol.xx

xx

logan weighed 18lb 5 wen i got him weighed erlier this week n hes just over 7 mnths, n hes in his big carseat now, n is perfectly fine and comfy. he likes it mre than his little carseat too. xx

Courtney was 18lb 6 at her 8 month check which makes her too small for a bigger car seat.
Its not all about comfort, but its safety... I thought their was laws against it :shrug:

xx

logan weighed 18lb 5 wen i got him weighed erlier this week n hes just over 7 mnths, n hes in his big carseat now, n is perfectly fine and comfy. he likes it mre than his little carseat too. xx

Courtney was 18lb 6 at her 8 month check which makes her too small for a bigger car seat.
Its not all about comfort, but its safety... I thought their was laws against it :shrug:

Not sure what the law is Kerry but when Hebe was weighed on tues the HV said that I should check the max weight on her infant carrier as she's 9kg and that's when you look to move them to the next size. I said I thought they had to sit unaided for 10mins AND be 9kg - she said that you go of the weight rather than how they are sitting BUT the woman in Mothercare said you go off how they sit and then the weight:wacko:
So as she's able to sit and is 9kg we've moved her :shrug:

xx

logans perfectly safe we got the seat n him all checkd out , the fire dept will do it 4 u, he perfectly safe , he may only weigh 18lb 5 but hes not tiny , n was refusing to go into his littlecarseat as he was really sqished and straps were tight. i dnt drive oh does n he only home some weekends so if we were told he wasnt safe i would have used bus on weekends too until it was, im not stupid wen it comes to logans safety.

yeh thats what my hv said.. 9kg and that courtney was still a lil small for a forward facing car seat!!

Its all confusing cos really weight is just a small factor surely?!?

One day they will make up their minds :rofl:

xx

logans perfectly safe we got the seat n him all checkd out , the fire dept will do it 4 u, he perfectly safe , he may only weigh 18lb 5 but hes not tiny , n was refusing to go into his littlecarseat as he was really sqished and straps were tight. i dnt drive oh does n he only home some weekends so if we were told he wasnt safe i would have used bus on weekends too until it was, im not stupid wen it comes to logans safety.

I didnt once call you stupid... I was just clarifying something for myself.. as I would like to move courtney on to a bigger seat but at 18lb 5 I was told she was too small!!!

i didnt mean u sed i was stupid at all im not looking for bitching it was just answering . sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->