Skid marks.. HELP!

saranya.kish

Reaction score
I had my baby over 2 weeks ago. I had second degree tear, but I dont seem to feel much pain there. BUT, I have two abrasions or skid marks, which is basically stretched skin during delivery. I didnt notice them hurting during the first week but second week it got really bad. So bad I coudnt even walk without being in pain. Any idea how long it takes for the skid marks to heal?? It burns like hell when I pee. So much I am scared to drink water!
What can I do to speed up healing in general? I am not able to enjoy and take care of my baby :--((((((

I'm not really sure what you mean by skid marks but I had tears during labour (2nd degree) and I had about 3 baths a day and put lots of pure lavender oil in the bath. My stitches healed lovely x

I found with both my children that I was sorer during the second week than I was the first week. It should start to heal soon though. :hugs: Don't limit the amount of water you drink, as that just makes your urine more concentrated and it will actually sting more. I know it's tempting not to drink, but make sure you have loads of water to dilute your urine and it will hurt much less when you pee.

Aren't skid marks poo marks in underwear?!

Do you mean grazes hun?
I didn't have them but I've heard pouring water over your bits when you wee will help! Just make sure you bath 3 times a day. x

Aren't skid marks poo marks in underwear?!

Do you mean grazes hun?
I didn't have them but I've heard pouring water over your bits when you wee will help! Just make sure you bath 3 times a day. x

thats what got me a bit confused.

and yes, pouring water over you while you wee or sitting in a shallow bath for a wee.

I found that if I drank nothing but water, it was a lot less stingy when I went for a wee. Also, don't drink orange juice, because it is pretty much the antichrist for stitches, tears and all things hurty.

I had a third degree tear I bathed in tea tree oil morning, noon & night also took lots of laxatives & drank tons of water you'll probably find it will help x

Thanks ladies!
I know skid marks sounds confusing, I meant abrasions, streched skin.

I find it tough to bathe once a day, how do I find time to bathe thrice? I do the sitz bath in the bath tub twice a day.

I will drink a lot of water, thats a good idea thanks!

But when can I expect to be healed? 3 wks 4wks???

Doesn't need to be a full scale bath - just shallow to sit in - def helps.
I also had arnica and bathed in tea-tree.
I had 2nd degree and internal tears which were the worst.

hx

those kind of grazes are worse than tears but hopefully they will be better in 3-4 weeks with no lasting effects xx

I had a couple of tears and some grazing and I was in the shower several times a day to ease the pain and shower off any dried blood which would make it very sore. I was also peeing in the shower using the shower attachment and spraying it directly onto my bits. I know it's gross but needs must.

I would suggest asking your midwife to check that there is no infection as it wasn't sore to begin with.

I don't know how you ladies do baths, for the first week I kept going dizzy when I stood up and there was no way that with the pain I would have been able to lift my legs high enough to get into the bath. I ended up having to put a chair in the shower to wash.

I personally didn't get along well with pouring water on me while weeing and couldn't stand up in the shower for it. For me wetting some toilet paper and putting it down there and then weeing on the paper worked wonders. Stopped nearly all of the stinging.

I do agree with what has been said about drinking, make sure you keep on drinking loads. It will hurt less, and will allow for better healing.

As for how long it took to heal, for me it became less painful after the stitches got taken out (at 8 days, I asked for it even though they were dis-solvable). Mostly pain free at around 4 weeks, at least during normal activity. Sexual activity I didn't dare to do until around 12 weeks, but think that was more a fear problem rather than it hurting too much.

I had a 2nd degree tear too. It took me about three weeks to heal as I developed an infection. Would definetly let the midwife check down there, I didnt for ages and was in alot of pain. Wont make that mistake again.
I found sitting in a bowl of warm salt water helped loads.

Definately get checked. I was in a lot of pain and asked the midwife to check (which she wasn't going to do)only to find my stitched had gone and I had an infection. I was put on 7 days of anti biotics straight away. Only just starting to be able to get up and down without awful pain and stand for longer than 2 minutes. Hope you feel better soon.

I had 3rd degree tears and everytime I went to the bathroom for pee or poo I used a sitz bath with some salt in there. I drank lots of fluids so my urine wasnt concentrated. I took laxatives and anti inflammatories. It all helped and within a month or so it was feeling much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->