skin on food

spacecadet

1st time mum
Reaction score
when giving foods that have a skin - peaches, corgettes, apples, pears etc,
when do you stop removing the skin? so far i have always peeled things before giving them to violet incase she swallows or chokes on a bit of skin.. am i just being a bit paranoid? and when she has peas or blueberrys i always squash them a bit so they arent so round and hard!
any thoughts? thanks x

I've always left the skin on things like courgettes, peppers, grapes but only in the last couple of months have I left it on peaches, pears and apples. Quite often if Poppy doesn't fancy the skin she will just bite the flesh off and chuck the skin on the floor...Or sometimes she will just eat the skin bit?!

Not sure if there are any 'rules' about this though, I just went with what I felt Poppy could manage.

Depends what the skin was like and what I thought she could eat. She'll sit and eat a whole apple now I just have to rinse it :rofl:

i take the skin off things like peaches and plums, but leave it on everything else. i give her blueberries and stuff whole, but she's older than your LO. i live by the motto of "you know your own baby". you'll know what she can cope with!

I just leave the skin on stuff and always have done. If it has tough skin on it, he just makes his way round it or sucks the good stuf out of the middle!!

I've never taken skin off....well except bananas!! :lol:

all the vitamins are found next the skin as well so i try not to peel anything if i can

thanks everyone:thumbup: i felt more confident today and gave violet pears and some apple with skin - although she does seem to struggle with apple and will always gag up a massive chunk! same with carrot so i steam them till they're really soft, she doesnt really seem to chew her food, just wants to swallow it and get on to the next thing!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->