skin to skin

MummyMummy

Reaction score
when you have baby will you be having skin to skin straight away?

if so, are you just gonna whip clothes off? or have front opening wear etc etc?

iwould like to mebbe give it ago as it looks so lovely and comforting on the birthing progs i've seen, but not sureif i wanna just get eeeverything out kwim? just wondering what othrs are planning
xXx

I'm hoping for a water birth, so I may already be ready for skin to skin, if I don't get my water birth....well I haven't really thought about that! x

I'd like skin to skin contact but I'm very queasy bout blood and don't know if I could handle it without being sick. x

I've generally found, having given birth, you're not feeling too modest about getting the old baps out!!!!:rofl:
That said, I've got a front opening nightshirt, so I can tuck him/her straight in..... It's a lovely thing to do and feels like the right thing to do at the time.... Enjoy!! xxxx

I want to do the skin to skin thing, but i want to wait until everything is settled ie, midwives left the room and hopefully just me and OH in the room and we can all do some bonding :) xx

I'm hoping to try and put baby straight to the breast so will probs need my midwife's help with this anyway but I'm going to wear like a mens pyjama shirt I think so I can just unbutton and slip LO in and just get what's necessary out, if you see what I mean?

probably not, if its anything like after having my dd2 i just said awww yea shes cute now let me clean up and pass her to her dad and grandma! :rofl:

Im planning on wearing a large strappy cotton nightdress and tucking her into that, and getting the baps out later, when we're ready to do some feeding.

I have more apporiate night wear for the ward after which covers things better and functions,

But i think in labour and how hot the ward are, less is deffinatly more and im planning on throwing out the nighty after the birth

i kept my tshirt on!
i was too worn out to care
what i was wearing
after 26 hours i just wanted
to see my baby lol

if your breastfeeding tho
probs best to just get em out lol

best just to wear a nightie or
a long tshirt ....

xx​

I am having a water birth and want to BF so will prob have nowt on!! If not then the unit is so hot I will be wearing as little as possible anyways, got a nice baggy nightie to wear. I really doubt I'll care about the MW seeing mr naked, they will be seeing in me before that lol!!!

I want to do skin to skin, I'm going to be wearing a big t-shirt, I'm sure after flashing everything else off to everyone in the room I'm not bothered about flashing my baps!!! he he ... xx

I am just playing the whole thing by ear and seeing what I feel like at the time - no pressure on me then/can't get upset or disappointed if don't have set plans as they may not got to plan.

I'm hoping for a water birth, but i'm open to anything so whatever goes at the time...If i have to get em out then so be it!! (don't want to be starkers though!!)

xx

I’m hoping to do skin to skin as soon as possible. I’m actually hoping to be able to breast feed a few minutes after having him/her. I think that I’ll be a nice intimate moment and I read that the sooner you feed the quicker baby will take to the boob.

I plan to change into a hospital gown that opens up the front when I'm getting close to the pushing stage. Then the baby can immediately be put on my chest for skin to skin and there he/she will stay until I'm ready to get up and clean myself off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->