Skipping a cycle of TTC because of expected due date?

starluck

Reaction score
Have any of you skipped a cycle of TTC to avoid an expected due date?

If I don't get my BFP this cycle and we TTC next cycle and get our BFP, the expected due date would be around a certain family member's birthday (someone I haven't spoken to in 13 years; it was an abusive situation). I'm thinking I might be stressed out the entire pregnancy thinking "what if my baby is born on that day?!"

There is another part of me that thinks it doesn't really matter, of course this baby is a completely different person and even if my baby was born on that exact date it doesn't mean he or she will be like that person in any way. And I think it would be very hard not to TTC when we are both VERY ready for a baby!

I'm wondering if anyone else has been or is in the same boat and what your final decision was.

My husband is very supportive of however I want to handle this :) I just need to figure out what I want.

Obviously, not the same situation at all but...

We didnt want a December baby. Apart from the obvious xmas/new year part, we have loads of family bdays in December.

We, therefore, always planned to skip March time. Fortunately we never got to that point with the twins, we got our BFP at the end of Jan, and this time we actually waited til April/May before TTC. If we are still ttc next year, then yes I would skip it.

Your situation is completelty different though and you need to do what feeks right for you. Skipping a month, would not change your chances of concieving so I would go with what your heart says. :flower:

even if you skip a month baby could come early and still be born on that date so i would just continue to ttc but only u can make the final decision xx

We are skipping August (this cycle) because that would put us due late April. DH may have the spring semester in school, so next month would make us due late May. Even if the baby was a few weeks early, he'd be out of school. The off chance the baby was really preemie, well we'd just be f*^&%d if that happens to us twice...

Thanks everyone :flower:

I think we will skip the next cycle if I don't get my BFP. We'll see how I feel at the end of this cycle though.

I'm currently in this dilemma too.

I want to skip TTC in September & October as it would put my EDD within 2 weeks of my BFFs wedding and she has asked me to be bridesmaids. So I don't want to risk trying in Sept in case I'm overdue or in October in case I'm early resulting in me going into labour on/just before her wedding day and missing the day altogether.

Hubby is not very supportive though and doesn't understand why I don't want to TTC in those months and keeps saying we need to keep trying regardless of the EDD and we'll just deal with whatever happens. :(

Xx

We are skipping August (this cycle) because that would put us due late April. DH may have the spring semester in school, so next month would make us due late May. Even if the baby was a few weeks early, he'd be out of school. The off chance the baby was really preemie, well we'd just be f*^&%d if that happens to us twice...

It can happen...both of my sisters children were early! Her first was 2 weeks early and her second was 4 weeks early!

Xx

Obviously the final decision is only one you and your partner could make but I have a very bad reminder (abuse) on the 16th January but if I got pregnant to where this could be my due date, I think I would look at it as replacing a bad day with an amazing one to help me get over that horrible day that tore my childhood apart. Everyone is different though so do what feels right for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->