Skipping BBT

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
Let me explain myself before you get judgemental. I'm skipping BBT this time around. My work schedule has changed and I'll literally be waking up at different times every day. My temps would be so all over the place. I will be doing OPK and thoroughly checking CM and CP. DH told me all he has to know is when. I mark my calendar on my wall when my period starts and stops so he has a general idea of when my fertile days are. He can also tell when I'm about to O by they way I feel to him while BD. So I'll just let him know when by using OPK. I'm sorry if I've made a lot of people mad but that's my decision. I don't need any negative comments. I don't need any judgemental comments. I don't need any rude comments. So if the comments are rude, negative, or judgemental don't leave them. Thanks for being supportive. :)

What is this about? I don't think anyone is going to be mad if you don't temp.... Yes, sure we are on here to help and support each other but probably no one else on here gives two hoots if I temp, stand on my head after BD or even get a BFP. If this post is in reference to another conversation, maybe post it in there.

No judgement because I have taken some months off from temping as well. But if I may suggest something...

I have noticed after doing my temps for about a year that what matters more is the length of sleep not time of day. If I only get 3 hours of sleep and wake up at my usual time my temp will definitely be different than if I slept 8 hours and woke up at the same time. so I found getting roughly the same amount of sleep each night is more important than time.

Unfortunately apps don't see it like that. So maybe, if you still want to try temping with your schedule, is to just use a note book. Make notes of length of sleep and waking time as well as the temp. You should still see an overall pattern and the spike should be noticeable.

I don't know anyone who would give you attitude for choosing not to temp. How we TTC is very individual. I know loads of ladies who don't temp or don't use opk's or just use one, or use both or just chart cm. Some use everything they possibly can. So I'm sorry if you may have had a bad experience with someone on here.

What is this about? I don't think anyone is going to be mad if you don't temp.... Yes, sure we are on here to help and support each other but probably no one else on here gives two hoots if I temp, stand on my head after BD or even get a BFP. If this post is in reference to another conversation, maybe post it in there.

I just wanted to speak my mind with out neg comments or someone questioning my decision. My post was not directed towards anyone at all. I've made a post before and one person I felt like made a negative comments and I don't want that to happen again.

I never bothered with temping, myself. My sleep patterns are very erratic and I knew it would end up being more stress than it was worth for me. Also, since my ovulation days were never entirely regular, it wouldn't have been super helpful to know when I ovulated after the fact... since the next month might be completely different. It took us exactly a year of TTC before we got our BFP (there were a lot of factors at play, though) and in the end, it was OPKs that did it. Not temping or even regular BDing. We had sex ONCE anywhere near my fertile zone that month, and that was about 16 hours after I got my positive OPK. If I hadn't been taking the OPKs, I most certainly would have missed my ovulation window because I wasn't expecting it for another few days at least.

In any case, you have to do whatever works for you. Everyone's TTC path is so different and personal. There is no one "right" way to do it that fits everyone. We each have to find a way that is doable for us, and that will allow us to remain sane during the process. Best of luck to you! :hugs:

You have to do what's right for you! I am finding temping to be very stressful and I really obsess about it in the TWW.

I am going to temp for one more month so that I have 6 good charts to show my doctor (see, look, I'm ovulating every month!), and then I think I'm going to give it up too. You've inspired me :)

I never bothered with temping, myself. My sleep patterns are very erratic and I knew it would end up being more stress than it was worth for me. Also, since my ovulation days were never entirely regular, it wouldn't have been super helpful to know when I ovulated after the fact... since the next month might be completely different. It took us exactly a year of TTC before we got our BFP (there were a lot of factors at play, though) and in the end, it was OPKs that did it. Not temping or even regular BDing. We had sex ONCE anywhere bear my fertile zone that month, and that was about 16 hours after I got my positive OPK. If I hadn't been taking the OPKs, I most certainly would have missed my ovulation window because I wasn't expecting it for another few days at least.

In any case, you have to do whatever works for you. Everyone's TTC path is so different and personal. There is no one "right" way to do it that fits everyone. We each have to find a way that is doable for us, and that will allow us to remain sane during the process. Best of luck to you! :hugs:

What do you mean by this 'We had sex ONCE anywhere bear my fertile zone that month, and that was about 16 hours after I got my positive OPK'?? How much did you BD on your fertile week in the month you got BFP??

I never bothered with temping, myself. My sleep patterns are very erratic and I knew it would end up being more stress than it was worth for me. Also, since my ovulation days were never entirely regular, it wouldn't have been super helpful to know when I ovulated after the fact... since the next month might be completely different. It took us exactly a year of TTC before we got our BFP (there were a lot of factors at play, though) and in the end, it was OPKs that did it. Not temping or even regular BDing. We had sex ONCE anywhere bear my fertile zone that month, and that was about 16 hours after I got my positive OPK. If I hadn't been taking the OPKs, I most certainly would have missed my ovulation window because I wasn't expecting it for another few days at least.

What do you mean by this 'We had sex ONCE anywhere bear my fertile zone that month, and that was about 16 hours after I got my positive OPK'?? How much did you BD on your fertile week in the month you got BFP??

I think she means what she says, she only had sex once in her fertile period (that's not always a week!) and that was 16hours after her positive OPK, which for her could have been the day before or day of ovulation (roughly) xx

I think she means what she says, she only had sex once in her fertile period (that's not always a week!) and that was 16hours after her positive OPK, which for her could have been the day before or day of ovulation (roughly) xx

You're exactly right. I only had sex once within my "fertile week"... Though I have to imagine, after a year of TTC, that my fertility window isn't even as long as a week.

Anywho, that entire month before my BFP we had sex 2 times. Once on CD10 (nowhere near fertile), and once on CD16 (I'd gotten my positive OPK the day before). That's it. After a year of trying, I'd kinda decided to pull back and chill. I really didn't expect that to be the month we conceived, all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->