Skull Theory Diagram

rainbowskin

Reaction score
Came across this diagram for the skull theory for all of you who like to guess the gender on scan pics :flower:

"Skull Theory is an at-home technique for predicting gender, although fans claim it has a 92% accuracy rate. Basically, you compare your baby’s ultrasound profile picture to the diagram below, looking for certain ‘male’ or ‘female’ markers in the shape of the skull."

https://cdn.babble.com/being-pregnant/files/2012/01/skull1.jpg

https://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2012/01/18/skull-theory-a-gender-predictor/

"skull theory" originated from forensics, which uses similar diagrams to identify the sex of human remains. Unfortunately, the changes in the skull that differentiate male from female do not take place until after puberty...so there is no way that the theory is accurate in utero. If you conduct a search, you will only find the theory mentioned on pregnancy message boards and a search on pub med turns up no scientific evidence that it works on infants/fetuses. Its just for fun. However, if you look up nub theory, which looks at the angle of the genital tubercle, it has been proven by medical journal publications to be over 90% accurate at determining the gender at 12 weeks.

This is all completely correct:) Skull theory is completely for fun, and something I came up with a few years ago after watching Time Team! (any Uk mums may know the programme lol) Even on my original post on the In-Gender site, maybe 2 years ago? it was said that it was for fun with no scientific back up, but it seemed to have spread like wild fire since then!!

BUT!! I reckon if you have the right picture with the right angle you still can have a good guess:) I have rarely seen a girl with a completely flat forehead, usually they do have a more semi circle from eyebrow to top of forehead and again I have only ever seen a strong slope from eyebrow to top of forehead on a boy, so maybe if your lucky it will work for you! if not theres always the cabbage gender test lol!!!!!

This was taken at 13 weeks :)

Do you think its a boy or girl based on skull/nub theory?!

Attachments

• 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 94
can anyone guess mine please x

Attachments

• baby new.png
    baby new.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 32
i think yours is a boy by a few things on the picture xx

Anyone fancy a guess at mine?? this was at 21 + 4 :0)

Attachments

• BD3.jpg
    BD3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 29
Ive always gone by how low/high they are lying in uterus and so far haven't been wrong lol. I said both of mine were boys from 8weeks, 2boys. Told my mate she was having a girl and she gave birth to charlotte 16weeks ago. And made my cousin in law upset by telling him theirs wad a girl. Daisy Jane born august 2012. Lols

If its lying low its a boy. High its a girl.

Ive always gone by how low/high they are lying in uterus and so far haven't been wrong lol. I said both of mine were boys from 8weeks, 2boys. Told my mate she was having a girl and she gave birth to charlotte 16weeks ago. And made my cousin in law upset by telling him theirs wad a girl. Daisy Jane born august 2012. Lols

If its lying low its a boy. High its a girl.

one book I read in my last pregnancy said the way you carry is actually to do with the mother's body and the uterus, but saying that I do believe how you carry can say what sex baby you are having, my sister carried low and all over with her pregnancy and she had a girl, I carried high and was a ball and had a boy, a friend of mine carried high and was a ball also but she had a girl, so sometimes I think it can tell you the sex of the baby, its not always right though

Can someone please guess mine? Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 19
Anyone want to guess my baby's gender for fun? This scan picture is from yesterday 10w3d xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 9
I studied the skull theory trying to guess my own babies sex as he had been so awkward and didnt provide a nub shot at the 12 week scan and I wanted to know! Lol however I did come to the conclusion that you can't possibly tell by the skull because the skull pictures describing the skull theory are a mans skull and a womans and baby skulls wouldn't be that shape until adulthood so in my eyes there's no possible way to tell sex by skull.

888 I think boy

Jonesbaby I think girl

Jumping.bean I think girl

Xxx

Pls guess a girl or boy?

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3
This was taken in the 14th week. What do you think boy or girl?

Attachments

• vk5.jpg
    vk5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member